Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #61  
This is DocTrac, new to the forum, checked this out and so much awesome info! About to pull the trigger on a compact tractor ...

Here's the situation: just received pricing for both Kubota L3901 HST and Kioti 4010SE HST compact tractors. Attachments and implements: tractor, 3rd function, canopy, backhoe, grapple, pallet fork, rotary cutter, box blade, disc harrow, rotary tiller. The configuration is virtually identical, I was very careful to match implements for both offers, e.g. shredders are both 2", 5', heavy-duty. I was shocked by the price difference: the Kubota dealer quoted a price that is $13,000 higher than the Kioti. That's thirteen thousand. Can somebody explain to me how this is possible???
Please beware of getting the Kioti tractor because you can't find parts for that brand of tractor. My dad bought a Kioti 2556 tractor about 20 years ago. Just a few weeks ago, the radiator started leaking pretty bad. I looked into buying a new one to replace the old one but there were no new ones to be found. Even a used one is $400 plus dollars. We ended up taking the leaking radiator to a radiator shop that ended up repairing the bad one. It was about $100 to do that. Lord knows what we will do if something else decides to break. By comparison, Kubota parts are still available for just about any of their tractors. I know it's more money, but you can still get parts to fix the Kubota. Please do more research before you buy either one. Check in to replacement fuel, oil filters, engine rebuild kits, fuel injector repair options - heaven forbid. Something to think about. Good luck.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #62  
I had an 850 John Deere CUT that was a great tractor - no issues. I'm glad because some parts are not available for that now. Even Deere quits supplying parts for older tractors. Buy the Kioti and enjoy years of trouble free operation:)

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #63  
I had to have clutch replaced on a Kioti CK30 shuttle shift with only 320 hours. Cost was $2500, and the mechanic said he could replace the clutch in a Kubota or John Deere for less than $1500. Parts are pretty costly on the Kioti too and usually have to be ordered and pay shipping too. For these reasons I'm currently shopping for a Kubota or John Deere. I figure it's work the extra up front cost of the bigger names if they are more durable and avoid the hassle of paying shipping and waiting for parts on the Kioti.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #64  
Thanks for all your feedback!
I do have an itemized list from both dealers. For example, the LandPride shredder is 10% more expensive than a heavy-duty Rhino (with chains, actually). The 66" Tiller is $3000 on the Kuboda, but I see the King Cutter Rotary tiller for $1650, I can't explain that difference, since I see lots of people very happy with the King Cutter tiller. The backhoe is quoted at $8210 Kubota versus $6800 Kioti, and the Kubota charges $510 extract for the bucket, I don't get that either. I don't spot any substantial difference on the backhoes...Then the grapple is $2160 for Kubota, but I can get a good grapple for $1200 on the Kioti, it's a simple yet rigid one, I mean, all the grapples out there seem to be around $1600 to $1800 max, and that's without package discount ... It looks to me like the Kubota quote is way out of proportions ...

Tillers are an implement that doesn't seem to justify premium prices for some brands/models. There just don't seem to be any distinguishing features or notable quality differences. You'll be very happy with a $1650 King Kutter and if you pay more for another brand I think only your pocketbook will know the difference.

Rob

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing
I have never seen a Kioti up close but will certainly investigate it, the 3510 HST being the one that is similar to the L3301 in HP. One thing I was hoping for some information on from an owner is the ease of removing the loader. Kubotas are very simple, how about the Kioti? I take off and put on the loader considerably. Any comments on how the HST performs compared to the Kubota would be appreciated.
Taking of the loader is "standard easy", so it seems:

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #66  
This is DocTrac, new to the forum, checked this out and so much awesome info! About to pull the trigger on a compact tractor ...

Here's the situation: just received pricing for both Kubota L3901 HST and Kioti 4010SE HST compact tractors. Attachments and implements: tractor, 3rd function, canopy, backhoe, grapple, pallet fork, rotary cutter, box blade, disc harrow, rotary tiller. The configuration is virtually identical, I was very careful to match implements for both offers, e.g. shredders are both 2", 5', heavy-duty. I was shocked by the price difference: the Kubota dealer quoted a price that is $13,000 higher than the Kioti. That's thirteen thousand. Can somebody explain to me how this is possible???
I would venture one of the cost differences is where the machine is actually built and shipped from. If it is assembled in the US, the cost may be less expensive because of shipping and parts may be more available also... something else to consider when investing serious money. I bought a Mahindra Max 22 AWD HST (22 HP Mitsubishi diesel engine) with a loader and backhoe in Dec 2015 for about 18 grand and it has served me well. Dealer near Rice Lake Wis was only a few miles from my cabin, although I live in Oak Grove, MN. I have heard that Kubotas are well built, but have no idea about the Kioti. Compare warrantees too; that may explain a bit of the price and value difference.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #67  
Please beware of getting the Kioti tractor because you can't find parts for that brand of tractor. My dad bought a Kioti 2556 tractor about 20 years ago. Just a few weeks ago, the radiator started leaking pretty bad. I looked into buying a new one to replace the old one but there were no new ones to be found. Even a used one is $400 plus dollars. We ended up taking the leaking radiator to a radiator shop that ended up repairing the bad one. It was about $100 to do that. Lord knows what we will do if something else decides to break. By comparison, Kubota parts are still available for just about any of their tractors. I know it's more money, but you can still get parts to fix the Kubota. Please do more research before you buy either one. Check in to replacement fuel, oil filters, engine rebuild kits, fuel injector repair options - heaven forbid. Something to think about. Good luck.
SIGH..To funny..Did you call Michigan Iron and equipment located In michigan for parts? I think NOT.Note to self maybe you live under a rock but everything it seems is out of stock or on back order at this time due to COVID 19..Just a consumer TIP..

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #68  

Hi Doctrac
I can't make any comment on the price difference but I can share my user experience. Actually, I am using Massey Ferguson right now. Prior to this, I was having Kubota. Really it was having great features and the user experience was excellent.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #69  
After much time spent looking at numbers and making one email contact with a Kioti dealer, the number I got from him, and I'm not sure if it's the same model, but the one I was comparing with the L3901, the Kioti price was higher. I was shocked. I finally settled on NH Workmaster 40 to trade up from my TC26DA. I like the closest dealer, and he has worked on my tractor in the past. Drove the tractor around his lot and it's going to take some getting used to the two pedals instead of the treadle. Hope I don't drive over the cliff where I dump my snow in the winter.
Drove the Workmaster around the dealer's lot yesterday. One thing that really stands out about the Workmaster 40 is the loader speed. I have to remind myself to be sure to have it properly ballasted. The 12 LA loader on the 26 moves at a MUCH more leisurely pace, and it's almost impossible at that speed to get into tipping forward trouble. I have, on a couple occasions when under-ballasted, lifted the rear wheels off the ground. There was plenty of time to correct that mistake, timie I wouldn't come close to having with the Workmaster. The Deere 2038R is one of the most beautifully built tractors you would ever want to see, but much more expensive, and the stronger loader won out over the Kubota L3901. The E series Deers don't impress me nearly as much as that 2038R.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #70  
^^^^
Shockingly, that too was my experience with Kioti... the comparable Kioti was more expensive than Kubota in my area.

Interesting enough, I wasn’t originally considering Kioti. I was looking at JD, MF and Kubota. The owner of the company I work for has a Kioti. She loves it. Once she found out I was looking for a tractor, she went out of her way to get me a quote from a dealer she’s had a great relationship for over a decade. We were both a little surprised by the quote. It was competitive with other Kioti dealers but, more expensive than Kubota. Both are great tractors, I decided on the Kubota and she agreed.

That was my experience last year buying my B2601 during COVID.

Mike