John Deere rep going to take tractor

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #121  
Interesting.

(Off topic)

Have two old gold pocket time pieces which need new crystals.

Have been unable to locate replacement crystals.

The few who claim to know where to get them require me to ship them the watches. (NOT)

Trust is Gone with the Wind.

Any suggestions?
Suggestions? For a quality trustworthy jewler? If that's what you need, Koser Jewlers in Mount Joy, PA is trustworthy and Randy and Betsy have been very successful as a result. Also RGM in Mount Joy, PA does some uber high quality builds and may know of a repair shop. I doubt RGM repairs, as they build their own $3-30k time pieces. Good luck.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #122  
I have found rude people in Case, JD and Kubota dealerships. Have found sales people in other dealerships who were not great but ok. Best dealership I have ever found was a Yanmar and really wanted to do business with them but was concerned about the lack of any other dealership within 100 miles and they were a reasonably new dealership, just over a year.

Not make excuses for any but they seem to have hard time with a potential customer just showing up on their lot. I can understand this as I also work in sales but insurance. In my business we work 99% by appointment. Now we take questions all the time over the phone but not very seldom are we able to handle a sale without it being an appointment.

But, being rude, lying or such is never proper.

It is not one industry, it is the attitude often we find in our country in the last few years. Too many people only want the pay check, not the job.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #123  
I have found rude people in Case, JD and Kubota dealerships. Have found sales people in other dealerships who were not great but ok. Best dealership I have ever found was a Yanmar and really wanted to do business with them but was concerned about the lack of any other dealership within 100 miles and they were a reasonably new dealership, just over a year.

Not make excuses for any but they seem to have hard time with a potential customer just showing up on their lot. I can understand this as I also work in sales but insurance. In my business we work 99% by appointment. Now we take questions all the time over the phone but not very seldom are we able to handle a sale without it being an appointment.

But, being rude, lying or such is never proper.

It is not one industry, it is the attitude often we find in our country in the last few years. Too many people only want the pay check, not the job.

During the Napoleanic Wars, one of Napolean's Battles was trying to take a town in Germany. The Germans were being typically stubborn about it and Nappy noticed that one wing of his battle line wasn't doing squat.

So he sent for the Regimental Commander to ask him WTH was going on? The Colonel replied, "My Cavalry can't ride, my Infantry can't shoot and my Artillery can't hit their targets"

Napolean relieved him on the spot saying, "There is no such thing as bad Regiments, only bad Colonels."

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #124  
Nice to see someone adding a bit of interesting spice to these threads.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #125  
During the Napoleanic Wars, one of Napolean's Battles was trying to take a town in Germany. The Germans were being typically stubborn about it and Nappy noticed that one wing of his battle line wasn't doing squat.

So he sent for the Regimental Commander to ask him WTH was going on? The Colonel replied, "My Cavalry can't ride, my Infantry can't shoot and my Artillery can't hit their targets"

Napolean relieved him on the spot saying, "There is no such thing as bad Regiments, only bad Colonels."
A friend of mine who was a leader at our Church use to say, "everything rises and falls based on leadership."

One thing I have noticed over my life time is how any organization often takes on some of the top leadership's personality. Don't care if a Church, Plumbing Company or Tractor Dealership. Of course some times there is no real leader there. Then you have a lost flock as they wander about.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #126  
Terrible, just terrible! I used to buy JD stuff, I grew up on JD stuff, but when all the dealerships in my state started being bought up by one family or Group I stopped buying JD stuff. This is JD wanting to hold prices the same with no competing dealerships and one reason why I own a new Kubota and being very satisfied with it.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #127  
New Holland boomer 25s
Pretty sure that's identical to mine except for the shade of blue. I paid a little under 19K including a 48" tiller and subsoiler/middlebuster.
Many years ago I worked for an electronics company. They had a deadline to meet on a delivery and they were not ready. So, they shipped a box with rocks in it. It failed the incoming functional test and was returned for warranty work. That gave the company more time to finish the development.
We would ship rejected parts every once in awhile just so we could say, we met shipping requirements.
That's called fraud. People go to jail for that.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #128  
When I was shopping around for my first tractor I did find the JD dealer a little shy on facts and time, given the Covid restrictions in the area we could only communicate over the phone and he indicated that perhaps he could email me a quote sometime next week but I could come down a look at the tractor on the lot. The Kubota dealer was good over the phone but didn't have want I wanted in stock and couldn't tell me when they would get it. Went to a Kioti dealer on a Saturday and managed to see and drive the tractor (CX2510MB) I was interested in and talk to the salesman. Called the Kioti dealer Monday morning about 8:30 to tell him I would buy it and when would you be able to deliver it. He said all they need to do is hook up the snow blower and go over it with checks so I could have it in the afternoon. It was in my garage by 6:30 that monday evening after showing me how it all works. Now that is service! He claimed that if anything goes wrong with it there is on-site service and if it can't be fixed they would transport it to the dealership at no cost ! What !! Hopefully all is good but I am curious if they can live up to the on-site service claim. There is a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and a 6 year powertrain warranty. Being new to the tractor world is this normal or was I feed a line of BS concerning on-site service??? The dealer is about 45 minutes from my home.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #129  
Pretty sure that's identical to mine except for the shade of blue. I paid a little under 19K including a 48" tiller and subsoiler/middlebuster.

That's called fraud. People go to jail for that.
i been to jail a bunch of times but never for fraud.

People go to congress for fraud, not jail...

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #130  
Many dealerships offer a mobile service for customers. So it isn’t unheard of