Power Line to my house was broken

/ Power Line to my house was broken
To have a 75 KVA transformer for 1 house is unusual.What are you running electric wise to create the need for such a large transformer??.
So far, I have two houses. I plan on building a workshop one of these days and there is always the chance that I will get around to building an event center, but that seems kind of unlikely right now.

When I had the power company out to bring power to my land, they asked me what I wanted to do and to fill out a sheet with everything that I planned on needing power for. He said that 1,200 amps would work the best for me, and they would pay for everything except the breaker box. I had to buy that myself, and then have it all installed by a licensed electrician. That turned out to be a joke with me doing most of the work and they kept having to go back to their shop for a tool that they forgot.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #132  
So far, I have two houses. I plan on building a workshop one of these days and there is always the chance that I will get around to building an event center, but that seems kind of unlikely right now.

When I had the power company out to bring power to my land, they asked me what I wanted to do and to fill out a sheet with everything that I planned on needing power for. He said that 1,200 amps would work the best for me, and they would pay for everything except the breaker box. I had to buy that myself, and then have it all installed by a licensed electrician. That turned out to be a joke with me doing most of the work and they kept having to go back to their shop for a tool that they forgot.
That makes sense, thanks ..

/ Power Line to my house was broken #133  
On hydro topic---
Got my bill and B4 paying at the bank I had a look! WOW, had 6 days or they'd cut me off!
Like they wanted close to $2 k, stat!
WTF, I am religious on paying.
Well, long to short the last teller credited somebody else's account.
Bank credited me interest, credited the supposedly unpaid balance and put me up to date.
2 days later hydro called wanting payment threating to cut me off.
Guess internet is slow between bank and hydro. (2 days?)
LOL, I still have power so I guess the straightened it all out.
Wonderful paperless society, thankfully my better half has detailed files going back to whenever.

Somebody out there will be shocked when he finds Santa did not pay his last bill.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #134  
What is your usual power bill Piloon?

if I ever saw a $2k bill I’d pass out dead.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #135  
Piloon, would this be the bank from Toronto ? They gave my wifes money to someone else as they typo'd their account number.No check, was a guy, and my wife isn't.
I won't even go into how they made my money disappear, and took 3 months to get back

/ Power Line to my house was broken #136  
Pulling this from deep down in the memory dump....

Eddie, didn't you have a problem, or maybe it was your neighbors, where someone STOLE the power line years ago? Well, decades ago?

Hooked a truck up to the cable and pulled it down the road?

Later,
Dan

That's an impressive memory. My neighbor lives on the far side of his land and his tenant lives on the other side. The tenant was out of town that weekend and somebody broke into the shop and cut the wires at the panel, and cut the wires at the meter. It's a couple hundred feet from the meter to the breaker box. They tied the wire to a Duelly struck and pulled the wire out of the conduit in the ground, out his gate and then about half a mile down the road. Then they rolled it up and disappeared. It was very easy to follow the path they took, they took out a few mailboxes before stopping.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #138  
I remember that story. Weren't copper thefts going nuts at that time?

Yes, copper was being stolen from just about everything, including peoples outside AC units.

Cops said they probably cut it into pieces, melted the plastics off in a fire, and then turned it in for scrap.