I Hate To Even Think This, BUT

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT
My dealer would not care. He sells inventory very quickly.

The bigger issue is you and how you feel about yourself.

BTW, I am going through the same issue but with a ZT. Placed the order over a week ago...verbal agreement. I keep thinking "I do not need a $5500 mower". Normal to wonder WTF am I doing. I will complete the purchase. Looked for a long time and I picked a good machine and a good dealer. Wanted to stay in the $4000-4500 range but I get a lot more machine for the extra $$. At 70 it will be my last mower so spending another $100/yr seems insignificant. And if I do not make it to 85, it won't matter anyway.
Folks always say "Can't take it with ya", BUT I hear they have grass in heaven!

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #22  
When I ordered my tractor I ordered it over the phone and Mike at
K & S Tractor sales in Lubbock TX said come on up and test drive
it to make sure its what you want. I don't purchase something for
looks not good thing! I climb on the tractor Mike tells me about the
controls there all at your finger tips, sooo easy to drive and comfy
its the first machine I tried that didn't kill my back when I hit some big bumps. That test drive really sold me even tho I knew what I wanted. On the def when the light comes on just hold the button down for 3 seconds and keep on working but the other tractors you can't do this as you have to stop and wait for the system to finish. And yes I am pro Yanmar just like ya'll are pro kubota or what ever. Yanmar makes all the parts for their tractors so the whole tractor is made by Yanmar when one company makes all the parts I believe you have a better machine then parts from here and there. It all boils down to personnel preferences of what you want and thats why you have so many different makes of tractors so you can make a choice

willy

willy

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #24  
I think you should stick to the deal, it sounds like you committed to it. Unless they change the terms stick to it and don’t second guess yourself.

When I traded my Kubota BX for my JD2025r I had some buyers remorse, which I rarely have. Most of this was because I owned the BX for 10 years and just wasn’t used to the JD. A month later the buyers remorse was gone.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #25  
What would you think if the dealer got a better offer on the tractor between now and delivery to you - and sold it to the higher bidder?

Called you and said “sorry - we hadn’t signed anything and I got a better deal”.

That may help you make a decision.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #26  
What would you think if the dealer got a better offer on the tractor between now and delivery to you - and sold it to the higher bidder?

Called you and said “sorry - we hadn’t signed anything and I got a better deal”...
Haha - this sums up my fear mid last year when I ordered my Kioti. I signed an "Intention To Purchase", but the dealer's signature did not appear on it. As the expected delivery date kept slipping and slipping (Covid, Korea, etc) I had a niggling feeling exactly as MoKelly expressed, especially since I considered the deal we agreed on was very good for me.

I even saw the exact same machine advertised on his website - "ding ding ding" (that's alarm bells!) but a phone call assured me that no, it wasn't my tractor, it was just a standard photo and description so potential buyers knew what was normally available.

Anyway, all came good in November, and ***** and briny new machine rolled up. Great machine, good dealer, all good!

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #27  
The reason I ask is NOT that I have found a tractor I like better, but I am still looking and reading and IF I did reconsider my purchase?

Please don't make me feel to bad or not worthy to be a member here on TBN!

Git-R-Done

2021 JD 1025r are very nice tractors. I would love to have one. Fairly small and nimble and have a lot of capabilities.

You chose it and I would not have a problem owning one. Have it delivered and love it like a wife that don't talk back.

Almost everyone gets buyers remorse on big purchases but a couple years takes care of that usually. I had buyers remorse when I bought my 3720 right when the wife ripped me about it. Now she mows 6 acres with it and ia happy as a pig in mud.

Git-r-done.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #28  
Was it Like a handshake , or Was it a Handshake ? If i shook on it, that's a deal.
Handshake to me is the same as my word. Lost on a few deals but honored the handshake.
That being said Is it a John Deere listed in the avatar?

Been driving by our local Deere dealership and all they had on the lot were over ~70 hp tractors and lawn mowers.

Seems like the demand for some new JD SCUT's and CUT's are high, maybe the dealer already has other buyers on a waiting list for the model you are waiting for.
Asking about a different model while waiting and possibly being upsold doesn't seem like a problem if they're waiting for a large shipment of tractors to arrive.
I 'Fell" for nothing and it was just a thought while I was waiting and looking on the forum.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #29  
No I would not back out without calling the dealer and being honest. The bigger question is how honest is the dealer being with the two week delivery date? My dealer strung me along for weeks waiting for rear remote parts and third function kit parts. This was August 2019 so nothing to do with everyone’s current COVID excuse.

It would have been nice if he would have said we and Kubota have no clue when parts will arrive or even called on the days he said stuff was coming in to tell me the parts did not arrive. Instead I had to call multiple times to find out my tractor would not be ready when the dealer said it would be.

I would still be forthcoming even though most businesses are not because that is how my mother raised me.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #30  
I guess I have very mixed opinions on this subject!
In one side, I am a firm believer of my word is my bond and I do everything in my power to stand by my word.
On the side, the dealer requires paperwork. I would not under any conditions, accept delivery of any item without a signed copy of paperwork in my hand (signed by me and other party).
In my opinion, when he changed the delivery date, he placed a contract in jeopardy depending on the terms of the contract. Does that mean it is a deal breaker? Depends on why the change.
Personally, I am slow to decide to let go of large sums of money, do those decisions are reached only after much research—I would know why I wanted that machine over another and how important it was. Dollars while always part of these decisions may not have been the primary deciding factor, and thus may mean even with a delay, that is still the machine I prefer, but may not be happy and would let them know it.