Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
Occasionay I have a question at Lowes and haven't been able to find a call button there in months. Items at Walmart are sometimes in the wrong place and I'd like to know their correct price before waiting in line at the register. Now the scanner that I used to use for that purpose is gone. What's a dumb old country boy to do?

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #2  
If there's no price, I don't buy it. If it's something I really need, I find someone, even if I have to take them away from what they're doing, even if it's a manager.

If you keep a mobile contraption with you, you might be able to get to their website while in the store and look up the item number.

Some states have laws about visible pricing and what consumers can do. Some allow for discounts, etc.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #3  
It's not just Lowe's, many stores have gotten away from listing prices. Another favorite of Walmart is to put a higher priced item in the wrong slot... if you aren't paying attention you won't know until the item is rung up. Small grocery stores up here are the worst; they will list one price and charge another. I once argued with a clerk for 20 minutes, then decided that it wasn't worth the aggravation over 60 cents. I just don't shop there anymore.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #4  
I was in Lowe’s a few weeks and it seemed half the lumber did not have prices.

In my area all the Lowe’s and Home Depot’s have help wanted signs. It seems customer service is getting worse and worse as businesses cannot find workers.

In my small town a restaurant that has been opened for 50 plus years closes at 4:00 because they cannot find enough people to work the night shift. Local fast food places have closed early because of a lack of workers.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #5  
Another favorite of Walmart is to put a higher priced item in the wrong slot...
I've seen that happen too many times to not believe it was a mistake. Many stores too not just WM.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #8  
All the big box stores have apps you can run on your phone. I use the app to find the location of an item and it’s price.

All the restaurants in my little town are pretty much a disaster due to a worker shortage. Mostly I only eat out as a convenience, or to be exact, sometimes I lack discipline!

There isn’t much I can’t make better at home.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay
If there's no price, I don't buy it. If it's something I really need, I find someone, even if I have to take them away from what they're doing, even if it's a manager.

If you keep a mobile contraption with you, you might be able to get to their website while in the store and look up the item number.

Some states have laws about visible pricing and what consumers can do. Some allow for discounts, etc.

Good suggestions and I've tried most of them. None are as easy as if they'd put the call buttons and scanner back.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #10  
There is an app for that.