Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #71  
That is the "unintended consequences" of nearly all government programs. They nearly always end up doing more harm than good. That is why I nearly always want to puke when people say they want "good governance". I am convinced it doesn't work. Or if so, only in limited situations. But most people seem to want government intervention in their lives. "there ought to be a law". You often get exactly what you ask for.
Only thing I might change is "unintended consequences" to "intended consequences".

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #72  
I do know one thing and that is the Cannabis places around here to a heck of a business. Maybe they spend their stimulus money on dope? Thought about growing Hemp this year actually.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #73  
I do know one thing and that is the Cannabis places around here to a heck of a business. Maybe they spend their stimulus money on dope? Thought about growing Hemp this year actually.
That seems to be the latest "Get rich quick" scheme. If there really is any profit in it though, the "big guys" will soon take it over.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #74  
That seems to be the latest "Get rich quick" scheme. If there really is any profit in it though, the "big guys" will soon take it over.
Springing up here like mushrooms on rotting wood....I don't much care what anyone does with dope, what I care about is the distracted driving that comes along with it and, I don't believe there is a huge profit in it either. Around here, with the many shops, they are all cutting their prices to beat the next guy.

In the next town west, one road I go down has 6 of them in a mile. Parking lots are usually empty too.

I know the state taxes the heck out of it so once everyone gets their 'pound of flesh' I don't believe there is much left anyway.

Heck, if I wanted some (cannabis) I could grow it in the backyard. You can have up to 7 plants growing legally. I have none. I don't like dope. Dope is for dopes.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #75  
Poor here is different than just about anywhere in the world...

I managed Section 8 rentals a brand new cars were frequent... mostly like Corolla and similar.

Cable, Cell, etc the norm...

Last I checked it was almost 70k income for a Bay Area family of 4 to still qualify for Section 8

What do you tell the guy working for the phone company with wife and two kids just making the mortgage and the neighbor next door lives in the same type of home... same school, same cars and pays 129 a month portion of rent?

Takes a very strong person to leave assistance and in 35 years can count on one hand those I know that did.
I own multiple rentals and I will not rent section 8, period. S8 renters are the pits, they show no respect for what isn't theirs.

If S8 was all there was, I'd burn them all down and plant crops where they were.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #76  
Springing up here like mushrooms on rotting wood....I don't much care what anyone does with dope, what I care about is the distracted driving that comes along with it and, I don't believe there is a huge profit in it either. Around here, with the many shops, they are all cutting their prices to beat the next guy.

In the next town west, one road I go down has 6 of them in a mile. Parking lots are usually empty too.

I know the state taxes the heck out of it so once everyone gets their 'pound of flesh' I don't believe there is much left anyway.

Heck, if I wanted some (cannabis) I could grow it in the backyard. You can have up to 7 plants growing legally. I have none. I don't like dope. Dope is for dopes.
I' be rather hypocritical to say I don't agree with legalizing it, as I sit here sipping a cold beer. Driving under the influence of either is a different story. What I do like about it being legalised though; crooks are no longer growing it on someone else's property, with the booby traps that go with it. I never came across any big patches but coworkers have; one told of fishline hanging at eye level, with fishhooks hanging from it.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #77  
I own multiple rentals and I will not rent section 8, period. S8 renters are the pits, they show no respect for what isn't theirs.

If S8 was all there was, I'd burn them all down and plant crops where they were.
Had varied results... mostly good under old program where Housing covered damage.

When Housing unilaterally stopped covering damage leaving owners holding $50 security deposits that was it.

It is illegal to refuse based on legal income source or criminal history except for sex offender... see Fair Chance Access to Housing law

Soon, it may be ilegal to sell without offering tenant first right if refusal under TOPA see tenant opportunity to purchase act which delays sale up to 325 days with price determined by city appraiser.

Vacant property assessed additional $6,000 Vacant Parcel Tax is already law.

Don't forget no gas powered weed whackers or blowers with total ban in the works.

Still have one legacy tenant that I never rented to but was placed by Housing... more effort than all other tenants combined.

Basically a tenant for life with the Just Cause Eviction and Disabled Senior laws...

Moral is own nothing with beds...

Last edited:
   / Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #78  
I play it a bit differently I guess, but then my rentals are all in the country not an urban setting. Out here in flyover country we play by a different set of rules.

/ Few workers, no prices, just a place to pay #79  
Had varied results... mostly good under old program where Housing covered damage.

When Housing unilaterally stopped covering damage leaving owners holding $50 security deposits that was it.

It is illegal to refuse based on legal income source or criminal history except for sex offender... see Fair Chance Access to Housing law

Soon, it may be ilegal to sell without offering tenant first right if refusal under TOPA see tenant opportunity to purchase act which delays sale up to 325 days with price determined by city appraiser.

Vacant property assessed additional $6,000 Vacant Parcel Tax is already law.

Don't forget no gas powered weed whackers or blowers with total ban in the works.

Still have one legacy tenant that I never rented to but was placed by Housing... more effort than all other tenants combined.

Basically a tenant for life with the Just Cause Eviction and Disabled Senior laws...

Moral is own nothing with beds...
Going forward you may have no choice about taking people in anyways, whether you are renting or not. Someplace I read a study of how many empty bedrooms there are in the US... why would anybody need to know that?