Did the Covid shot make you cranky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #361  
In the US, this is one of the two things that the government has messed up big time. There is just no excuse of the lack of planning and failed process to get the shots. None. Some areas around me are a real mess. I signed up once, maybe twice, and never heard a thing. Saw a notice about signing up via the county, and within hours I had an appointment. THAT is how it should work but it seems hit or miss. The process is highly dependent on people using the Internet to sign up, which is a real problem for older people who do not use, or cannot use, that technology...

My county has handled this perfectly. (y) Once you figured out HOW to sign up. The jab site is well organized and efficient. As it should be. This is NOT rocket science....

But be thankful we are not in the EU. The EU has so messed up the vaccination process that it is criminal. Pure incompetence.

Later,
Dan
My experience was much the same. How to sign up? The state seemed to sit on it’s hands expecting someone else to step up to handle vaccinations. The county health department network did and it was flawless for me. I am disappointed in the turnout to get the vaccine.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #362  
Last edited:
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #363  
I did have some crazy dreams last night. But one involved my parents when they were much younger, so that was kind of cool, but in a modern setting, and we were lost and my GPS wouldn’t work.
Arm still sore, but not too bad.
Something tells me that the older a person is . . . the shots have very little or no affect.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #365  
Something tells me that the older a person is . . . the shots have very little or no affect.
My 80 year old mother in-law was sick for a couple days after her 1st shot. Only felt queasy for a day after here 2nd shot. She had COVID back in Nov/Dec.

I really think this virus and these shots affect everybody differently, regardless of age.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #367  
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. At least you know it's working
Honestly I didn't mean to come across complaintive - just stating my experience.

Friday now (2nd shot was Monday) - no aches any more other than a slight one in the armpit where the nodes are about halfway back to normal.

My son who's a nurse and took care of COVID patients and probably had it early as well had similar side effects but also had one significant fever/chill night when he got his second (I had no fever or chill).

We both think it's worth getting the shots (and I did, fully expecting to have similar symptoms as he did) - hope everyone gets theirs. I'm not too hopeful about people being willing to wear masks for much longer and I'm worried about the next flu season with no masks and with covid-19 added (this past season has been almost zero flu because of the masking).

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #369  
Just got back from a 2-day trip to visit my fully vaccinated friends. I tell ya, that vaccine is a hell of a mood elevator. Single malt, good music, and good company in the moonlight. It puts a grin on your face and laughter in your voice.

I've noticed the mood swing in myself going in the right direction as well.

Were at our place in South Dakota for the weekend and attending a gathering with people we haven't seen for over a year.
Freedom through vaccination has its perks. Plus, it's spring time!

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #370  
Just got back from a 2-day trip to visit my fully vaccinated friends. I tell ya, that vaccine is a hell of a mood elevator. Single malt, good music, and good company in the moonlight. It puts a grin on your face and laughter in your voice.

Yep! I bet the single malt alone can put laughter in your voice!

MoKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.