kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #1  

furg

Tractor
2005 MX5000 Kubota
Kubota mx5000 low hours 200,all of a sudden blows the oil cap off after a few minutes of running, thinking maybe crankcase breather not working but can't find it, can anyone help!

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #2  
sounds like a rebuild or replace without all the
info to determine a fix.

willy

Last edited:
   / kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #3  
If it has one, they will generally be attached at the valve cover at a high point. It may steel or rubber or a combination of the two and routed in a downward location. These are a prime mud dauber habitat on unused/infrequently used tractors.

On newer engines, there may be a PCV valve and hose routed from the valve cover and connected to the intake after the filter. Excess crankcase pressure might indicate a clogged PCV valve or pinched (collapsed) hose.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #4  
Welcome to TBN
With only 200 hrs of use I'd be checking breather tube & breather to determine that they're not clogged.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-13 065110.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-13 065110.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 158
   / kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #6  
I have mud dauber problems here. They fill every crack, crevice, etc. Including uncovered key hole slots on any/all of my equipment. My engine oil breather tube, on the M6040, ends with a short sintered bronze filter. Held in place on the end of the rubber hose with a very small hose clamp. Same with the fuel tank breather hose. Ha - they have been foiled at these two locations. The key on my ATV was heated, inserted and now is a permanent fixture. They deposit a combination of - goo, dirt, a spider body or two and an egg. If you pierce this mess - best completely clean it. It will dry to a concrete like mixture.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #7  
Engine or transmission? Common rail or mechanically injected? That will determine which crankcase breather arrangement you have. Far as the gearbox goes, the breather hose is on top of the gearbox in front of the 3 point upper arm rockshaft.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off
Thanks for your imput,in the diagram it looks like a pvc valve in the hose coming of the valve cover, is that correct?

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #9  
Thanks for your imput,in the diagram it looks like a pvc valve in the hose coming of the valve cover, is that correct?
Yes and no. If the motor is Pre Tier 4, all there is, is the hose with nothing in it, it vents to atmosphere. If the engine is Post 4 which is common rail, the hose is routed to a PCV valve and then to the DPF.

On a Pre 4 engine, there is nothing inside the valve cover to clog up and not allow the blowby vapor to exit via the hose. Had my valve cover off recently to adjust the valve train.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off
Yes and no. If the motor is Pre Tier 4, all there is, is the hose with nothing in it, it vents to atmosphere. If the engine is Post 4 which is common rail, the hose is routed to a PCV valve and then to the DPF.

On a Pre 4 engine, there is nothing inside the valve cover to clog up and not allow the blowby vapor to exit via the hose. Had my valve cover off recently to adjust the valve train.

Mine is a 2005 would it be post 4?