Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #31  
It seems Mahindra will let anyone open dealership. I have seen many open and quickly close. No experience with actual machine
This is incorrect. Mahindra has criteria and protocol for receiving a dealership.
There are two Mahindra dealers in my general area within a 40 mile radius
Each has been selling this product for over 20 years.
The predominant reasons for fast demise of any dealership is a general mismanagement of finances, protocol or criteria.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #32  
If you also include their engine OEMs, that expands to a few more including Daedong, Perkins, Doosan, and Shibaura (those are some recent ones I heard of, may be more).
Well of course I was talking about their general tractor construction.
Mitsubishi also makes a diesel for them and also makes an entire tractor line for Mahindra.

Last edited:
   / Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #33  
Facts do not equal .... "yell"
Your "opinions" are not to be confused with "facts".
In the grand scheme of things beyond these "tractor forums" and for all products sold, you really have a tiny basis for your assertions but that always seems to be enough for you.
More people are apt to complain about things than they are likely to reap praise.
My "facts" are based on true observation.
Out of the hundreds and hundreds of tractors sold at the Mahindra dealership I work at, there is always a scarcity of tractors in for break down.
We have gone as long as 3 months w/o a single tractor in for break down as opposed to general maintenance.
Another aspect is the possible failing of vendor support items.
Mahindra has had a terrible time with who they were buying batteries from in recent years.
As these are purchased in the thousands at any given time, failures at this end will provide an abundance of complaints.
Doesn't mean the tractor itself was bad.

Last edited:
   / Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #34  
I have an RK55 and my neighbor has a Mahindra 2555. Both are made by TYM. The Mahindra has a 3 cylinder Mahindra engine while the RK has a 4 cylinder Yanmar. Both have performed really well sine purchased on late 2017 early 2018. His dealer went out of businesses and RK is working on improving their mechanical support.
Dealer support would be what I would look at first for my next purchase over brand name. Talk to people that have purchased equipment there and see how they rate the dealer, then it should be an easy decision for you from there.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #35  
I have a 50 Hp Mahindra, 4WD HST. Its base weight is about 1400 lb more than the comparable Kubota model, and it has larger axles and tires and greater loader and 3-point lift capacity. I have had it for 6 years now, with few problems-just a collapsed rubber fuel line and a wheel that came off because the lugs were not properly tightened. It was about $4000 less than the Kubota. For mowing, the extra weight is a disadvantage. But for work in the woods it is a big plus. I can drag out 20" diameter by 60 foot long trees no problem.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #36  
My rural area has a Kubota dealership 10 miles away and a John Deere dealership and another Kubota dealership in a small town 10 miles in another direction. Two years ago a Mahindra dealership opened near me. I never went in, I have a Kubota, and a few months ago it closed. I imagine sales dropped off so much they coldn't continue. You might face the same outcome.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #37  
I currently have a 4025, bought in 2015. Have had more issues with this tractor than I feel was warranted. Presently have 94.5 hours use time so you can see that it hasn’t been overly used. Some of the poorest engineering I have ever seen and I was in the construction business for 40 years so I have seen some terrible engineering. At 12 hours run time I had to replace all 3 fuel lines, dealer wouldn’t warranty unless I took the tractor in, this goes back to buying from a dealer that will work with you, not like one I had. The in-tank fuel filter, the one about as big round as a pencil and 1 1/2” long stopped up at 8 hours. This is the filter that isn’t mentioned in the owners manual. To replace/clean the filter the fuel tank has to be drained. At 50 hour maintenance it is recommended to clean the hydraulic strainer. Simple enough if you can get the damn thing out. It’s in the very worst place to get to, could have been made much simpler. Got a hydraulic reservoir dip stick that’s impossible to read, had to make my own to get an accurate reading. Could go on and on but I think you get the picture. Would I recommend buying one...ABSOLUTELY NOT.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #38  
Someone with experience using all of the leading brands would be best to do a comparison. And that's not me. My choices about 4 years ago narrowed to Deere, Kubota, and Mahindra. The only models reasonably nearby. I did 6 months of research for my first ever tractor. At the time, the Mahindra 45hp 2545 Shuttle Shift was priced far below similar Deere and Kubota models. It seemed to have lots more iron and weight in all spots calling for strength, and more metal in general in cover panels. The 7-year power train warrantee didn't hurt. It does have some wiring and tubing that looks flimsy and prone to repair needs. But it's small stuff easily handled I think. A big kicker for me was its recently redesigned engine that inherently meets the EPA requirements without the need of an add-on filter/regen thing that adds complication to every startup and shut-down, and is an expensive replacement every few years. Maybe things are different now, but I've had no trouble so far and see no signs of it being less than a main stream enduring product. Like others, I'm sure.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #39  
I needed a tractor nd decided on Mahindra. I called twice to tell the company I wanted to buy the tractor. I left a message indicating such both times. I never had a return call.
I was getting fuel on day when I was parked on the opposite side of the pumps. The man had a Mahindra on a trailer and was taking it to get "fixed."
I told him I bought a Kubota. He stated I was very fortunate to have bought a Kubota because they have two Mahindras and have had them in the shop at least 5 times each. The Kubotas had never been taken to the shop.

/ Is it possible to be objective for a moment about Mahindra? Question relating to career change #40  
I've been running a Mahindra m-power 75P for about 3 years and the company I'm running had it for a year prior to that. It only had about 100 hours on it when I got it. I now have only a bit over 600 hours on it. The tractor impressed me for some time. Then our dealer sold out. The nearest dealer was 45 miles away but was still quite good. Then he quit Mahindra. Then my closest dealer was 75 miles away. And they quit Mahindra. My dealer is now 150 miles away and I'm about to have to have it hauled over there for a major transmission job as the shuttle shift is going out. The AC compressor bearings went out in the fall, so I have to put a new compressor on it, which I bought online.

Twice we've had wind cause the door to slam back or forward and shatter... $1,000 replacement including freight. No frame, just a curved glass door that seems to shatter easily.

It's hard to replace a tractor that has so few hours and that is a real workhorse when I'm mowing (8' bushhog), loading rock or dirt (84" loader bucket), hauling and piling branches and trees (66" grapple), grading gravel roads (8' box blade), stacking palleted materials (forklift) or anything else we put it to. But not having a dealer closer and having parts take 6 weeks to 2 months to arrive, and having a transmission issue with this few miles... Well, it's making a John Deere Compact/Utility tractor look better.