Looking for some rear ballast ideas

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #1  

sliderbuck

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 Kubota l4060
Wanting to make up my own rear ballast set up thats easy to take on and off. Anybody thats made there own care to share some pics? Would like to set it up so that i can basically back up to it setting on blocks or something and pick it up without having to fight it.

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #2  
Do you use a quick hitch?

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #3  
Make the counterweight high enough that you don't need to store it on blocks. That way if you need to drop your rear weights quick you can just do it without looking for some suitable blocks. By all means store it on blocks if you want. Just don't limit your ability to quickly remove by making the lower links to low like I did.

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #4  
Titan box - homemade stand
20200705_134456.jpg

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas
No i dont use a quick hitch. Thought about getting some weight lifting weights and weld a piece of round stock onto an adapter i have for the 3 point that has a 2” receiver on it. Then i just put put the weights on when needed. Just dont like lifting on a bunch of weights though.

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #6  
Scrap steel welded into a box, filled with lead water main gaskets. The Cat 1 pins were bought online.
4F541F5D-093B-45C6-A33C-7758A0C3A0F5.jpeg

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas
Cheap and easy. I like it

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #8  
I've got a concrete block rear weight (about 650#)

An embedded tool bar for the lift arm pins, and a U shaped strap embedded to provide top link pin holes. There is also a 1/2" U bolt embedded in the rear to throw a chain onto when I need to drag something.
\
I find attaching the weight one big "it's too heavy" PIA!

So

I "park" the stone on top of a discarded automotive brake rotor.

A bit of a balancing act, but when you get it right, spinning the block or tilting it just a little is so much easier.

I've got lots of those brake rotors. ;-)

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #9  
I have 1550# of RimGuard in my rear tires and a Rhino 950 rear blade @ 1050# on the 3-point. Why go to the bother of building a 3-point ballast box if you have a 3-point implement.
IMG_0005.jpeg

/ Looking for some rear ballast ideas #10