Ubifi Rural Internet

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
I went straight to AT&T and got a 5G router with 2 outdoor antennas. I'm getting 75x15 for speed now, which I can't really complain about. I do wish my up was faster though, now that I'm making a bunch of YouTube videos and have someone doing the editing for me, the up can be a real problem. I'm uploading 100s of GB of raw footage for the editor and it takes FOREVER. Our co-op has fiber but not to me yet. I can't wait until they do, I'm signing up for 1GB service the second it's available.
Can you advise what you are paying and wht the name of the plan is?

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #252  
Can you advise what you are paying and wht the name of the plan is?
It's the same as Ubifi now, $108/mo after tax. I actually get it from.a reseller, it's part of a corporate account. AT&T doesn't have anything available for unlimited data retail anymore. Things have changed a lot in the last couple of years, it's really tough to do cellular internet anymore without jumping through some major hoops. I've been cancelled a couple of times for using too much data, on an unlimited plan.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #253  
Pump Guy - yes, I've looked at the signal booster. There are just too many negative aspects to the entire phone situation. #1 - I worked for the Government and any time my phone would ring it meant somebody was going to *****. I have a long memory. #2 - never have had a land line out here - moved here in '82 - phone company estimate to run line to house and install phone - $32,000. Started with Motorola Bag phone - then analog cell phone - now digital cell phone.

Actually I've become very accustom to no phone - don't take it with me when I leave the house - try to remember to turn it on 2X weekly to see if any messages worth returning a call. Do most of my communicating via email. Otherwise - the phone is alway OFF. Unless I'm making an call.

Then - if I can get two bars I can usually get out with a phone call. Signal booster would boost that signal to what?? - five bars. Problem is when I get NO SIGNAL - boosting zero always equals zero. The signal booster has got to have something to work with - no matter how slight.

Then there is the most difficult situation to overcome - ME. I'm Norwegian - hard headed - stubborn - old - set in my ways. Nuff said - - uff da.
Ooosik, try being actually born in Norway...........extra dose of hard headedness :p

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
It's the same as Ubifi now, $108/mo after tax. I actually get it from.a reseller, it's part of a corporate account. AT&T doesn't have anything available for unlimited data retail anymore. Things have changed a lot in the last couple of years, it's really tough to do cellular internet anymore without jumping through some major hoops. I've been cancelled a couple of times for using too much data, on an unlimited plan.

That is why I keep sticking with ubifi. Knock on wood no problems with them yet. We watch all our TV via streaming now so I would expect our data useage each month is pretty large. At odd times we get slowed down, but that is tower congestion. We do not get slowed for the rest of the month. Just for a couple hours at random times. And the slow down is on the cell phone as well which is also AT&T just on a different account (through work).

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #255  
I used Ubifi until Starlink arrived at our house this March. I was very happy with the UbiFi service in my area. I mounted an external antenna in the attic for the best performance.

I only had to contact customer service once (for a band locking question) and they were quite helpful. I would recommend them provided you have some kind of cell service in the area.

Of course Starlink is a whole different story. If that becomes an option for you, I would go that route for sure.
Lucky. I'm still waiting for my Starlink to come to Texas. Maybe you can start a Starlink thread.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #256  
Lucky. I'm still waiting for my Starlink to come to Texas. Maybe you can start a Starlink thread.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
So a bit of a necro, but it is my own thread so....

Ubifi sent a new sim card and has a data cap now. The new sim card is a dissaster. Slower speeds long ping times and just not a good situation.

Now looking at 4gltewifi.com and unlimitedlteadvanced.com as possible replacements. They are on AT&T as is Ubifi so should be as simple as changing out the sim card.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #258  
So a bit of a necro, but it is my own thread so....

Ubifi sent a new sim card and has a data cap now. The new sim card is a dissaster. Slower speeds long ping times and just not a good situation.

Now looking at 4gltewifi.com and unlimitedlteadvanced.com as possible replacements. They are on AT&T as is Ubifi so should be as simple as changing out the sim card.
Let us know. I just got my second sim card today and it's very slow. I haven't heard about the data caps though.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
Let us know. I just got my second sim card today and it's very slow. I haven't heard about the data caps though.
in the email about the new sim card it said the price was going up and there was a 300mb cap subject to deprioritization so not a hard cap.

My current probem is the service just keeps dropping.... soon as I am done with lunch here I am calling a couple other services and purchasing one of them.....

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #260  
in the email about the new sim card it said the price was going up and there was a 300mb cap subject to deprioritization so not a hard cap.

My current probem is the service just keeps dropping.... soon as I am done with lunch here I am calling a couple other services and purchasing one of them.....
I took a look at other services when ubifi sent out the price increase notification. Turned out that T-Mobile has an unlimited plan that uses their rural 5G/4G network. It has decent range, didn't need an external antenna to get around 40-60 down, 10 or so up. Nice thing about the modem is that it has a battery built in so you can move it around to see what sort of signal strength is available. It costs $50 a month with auto pay.