kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #21  
You can always pull the hose off on one end and start the tractor. If it's not plugged you should feel air coming out of it.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #23  
You mean blowby, not air...
I was taught yrs back that normal compression that can turn into blowby consisted of air & fuel that's been pressurized that has escaped by piston rings & valves

Last edited:
   / kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #24  
Sounds good to me. I do know that when it gets more than normal. the tube can drip oil mist too.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off
You can always pull the hose off on one end and start the tractor. If it's not plugged you should feel air coming out of it.
pulled the hose off,very little air coming out of the hose and a lot of air coming out of the oil cap

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #26  
It’s important to understand what the pcv valve does, it’s designed to keep the crankcase from being pressurized. That way oil isn’t being pushed past the rings or the oil cap. If it malfunctions, you get what you have(I hope).

If it’s not that, it could be a sign of something more serious.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #27  
I suggest to briefly test engine operation with PCV removed.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #28  
If your hose runs to the intake than this should be your setup. Number 50 should be your valve. Parts list shows a couple superceded numbers.
Screenshot_20210523-200243.jpg

Last edited:
   / kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #29  
If that was my setup, I'd remove the PCV valve entirely and route the hose down the side of the engine and be done with it.. and block off the fitting in the air intake. Sure sounds like a gummed up PCV valve to me.

/ kubota mx5000 blows oil cap off #30  
Mine has a hose coming out of the valve cover and into the intake manifold, but I don't see a PCV valve
Mine is also a 2005 with less than 200 hours doing the same thing, ever figure out the problem? mine has alot of compression so I know it's not the rings