Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,631  
Hope this guy doesn't make any sudden turns. And I wish I saw him load it.
Used to know a guy who had something like that for snowmachines but it self loaded from the ground...he had it on a 450 though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,632  
Hope this guy doesn't make any sudden turns. And I wish I saw him load it.
Those are actually pretty common, little top heavy but thats why they are really for 3/4 ton are larger.
dsc_0293.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,633  
they may be somewhat common, but they do look totally unsafe. Its around 2k lbs for a 4 place like that. so its CG height is probably no worse than a large slide in camper.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,634  
Each wheel is strapped down, so it is about as secure of a setup as you would need.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,635  
That structure looks like it blocks access to the back seat. Does the vertical bar rotate out of the way?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,636  
That structure looks like it blocks access to the back seat. Does the vertical bar rotate out of the way?
Looks like it is just a removable hanging ladder. The support for the rack is behind the cab.

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,640  
Same thing happened to me on I 40 between Raleigh and Greensboro in the 80s.

Mine came from the flat bed that was 1/4 mile in front of me. I saw the whole thing, it was like slow motion, the plywood was just floating, then....WHAM, right into the windshield! Sounded like a gun went off.

I pulled off and 2 other cars stopped with me to see if i was ok.

The only evidence that i'd been hit was a streak of blue paint on the windshield they use to mark the grade of the plywood. The paint came off with a little rubbing.

I spent the first half of my career on the hwy and have hit lots of stuff, very dangerous.