Swimming Pool options

/ Swimming Pool options #103  
generator up front cost. generator up keep cost. more electricity use. more pump parts / maintenance ?, salt cost. and if the water does get out of whack ????? Cheaper to operate salt ?

HUMMMMMM..Maybe he doesn't know as much as you about pools, but he's still in business and still installing pools.
I would think he knows a wee bit more than the novice pool user /owner.

As for myself. I have now owned a pool for 20+ years and have never had issues using chlorine. It always has kept my water clear and clean with little effort
I was talking about chemical costs, not hardware and electricity.

I've run chlorine, baquacil, chlorine again, and then salt. Baquacil is the most expensive for chemicals. Chlorine is way less expensive. Salt costs the least overall. That's just the way it is.

/ Swimming Pool options #104  
generator up front cost. generator up keep cost. more electricity use. more pump parts / maintenance ?, salt cost. and if the water does get out of whack ????? Cheaper to operate salt ?

HUMMMMMM..Maybe he doesn't know as much as you about pools, but he's still in business and still installing pools.

As for myself. I have now owned a pool for 20+ years and have never had issues using chlorine. It always has kept my water clear and clean with little effort
And why did you edit my quote in your reply? I never wrote those last two sentences, you did.

/ Swimming Pool options #105  
Not everyone is a multimillionaire. Your annual electric bill is likely considerably more than I paid for my house and property.

There are other options.

IMG_1069.JPG

/ Swimming Pool options #106  
I use to have a hot tub and used bromine. When I got out it was very itchy on my skin. My skin has never been itchy, or had funny feeling on my skin with chlorine.
Reason I always stayed with chlorine is..A local guy that has installed inground pools for about 50 years told me once, that he only recommends chlorine, even though he would make more money selling the chemicals and generator, etc, for the salt system.
He also said that the salt was worse on pump seals than chlorine.
Well the SWG is a one time purchase 500 or 600 hundred up to a couple grand depending on your situation... other chemicals are almost nil, WAY easier and cheaper than chlorine all the time. I've done both.
Do you do powdered or pill Chlorine, or just liquid? I do liquid chlorine in my hot tub, only other thing I have to add is liquid muriatic acid on occasion.

/ Swimming Pool options #107  

What generator upkeep costs? Why more pump parts/maintenance ? Salt cost might be 50 bucks a year if we have a lot of rain. I've had no generator upkeep costs or any parts or maintenance costs on my pump at all... maybe he sold you a line.. and lots of chlorine.

/ Swimming Pool options #108  
I live in South Florida. A few pools down here.

A lot of people are going to salt generators because of different factors. It feels much better on the skin, it's much easier on the eyes and it's less expensive.

I would vote for salt but everybody's different. Just keep in mind, there are chemicals in those chlorine tablets that aren't produced by your salt generator. If possible, I'd rig a system where I could put a pool tablet in every now and then. Or at least put tablets in a cage.

The Sun down here eats chlorine for breakfast.

My neighbor had his pool set up for chlorine when it was built but put a salt generator in-line and uses that mostly. He got into trouble a little bit in the beginning for not using tablets once in a while. Some people just dont listen.

If it gets out of whack, you just take a gallon of chlorine and walk around the outside of the pool while pouring it in.

Either way is fine. I just like salt better. It feels better.

And salt and chlorine are essentially the same. I don't know where peeps are coming up with more corrosion from salt. nonsense. Chlorine is one of the most corrosive substances known. Actually started out as a weapon, didn't it?

/ Swimming Pool options #109  
Well the SWG is a one time purchase 500 or 600 hundred up to a couple grand depending on your situation... other chemicals are almost nil, WAY easier and cheaper than chlorine all the time. I've done both.
Do you do powdered or pill Chlorine, or just liquid? I do liquid chlorine in my hot tub, only other thing I have to add is liquid muriatic acid on occasion.
My SWG was $129! :ROFLMAO: It's from an Intex inflatable pool, adapted to my needs. I'm looking for another one now, but they are now closer to $300. At that price, I'll put the $300 towards a better unit.

/ Swimming Pool options #110  
I live in South Florida. A few pools down here.

A lot of people are going to salt generators because of different factors. It feels much better on the skin, it's much easier on the eyes and it's less expensive.

I would vote for salt but everybody's different. Just keep in mind, there are chemicals in those chlorine tablets that aren't produced by your salt generator. If possible, I'd rig a system where I could put a pool tablet in every now and then. Or at least put tablets in a cage.

The Sun down here eats chlorine for breakfast.

My neighbor had his pool set up for chlorine when it was built but put a salt generator in-line and uses that mostly. He got into trouble a little bit in the beginning for not using tablets once in a while. Some people just dont listen.

If it gets out of whack, you just take a gallon of chlorine and walk around the outside of the pool while pouring it in.

Either way is fine. I just like salt better. It feels better.

And salt and chlorine are essentially the same. I don't know where peeps are coming up with more corrosion from salt. nonsense. Chlorine is one of the most corrosive substances known. Actually started out as a weapon, didn't it?
Yeah the main extra ingredient is CYA or cyuranic acid (no clue on correct spelling) I keep a bucket of the 3" tabs for just that reason and for wintertime when the SWG quits producing chlorine.