pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #281  
My hybrid or F350 don't move like race cars.

/ pickup truck size #283  
@Jchonline I think your numbers, although correct, are a bit skewed by married couples purchasing the truck. Many times the husband's name is alone on the loan and title or the first of the two. This could show as a man purchasing the truck even though the woman is the 'owner' of the truck, just ask her.
Requiring car seats for kids caused a lot of it. Suddenly a lot more people needed the extended or crew cab in the truck they had. Then of course they just kept adding bells and whistles. Another item was big box stores where you haul your own - now the family "sedan" also had to carry a bunch of home repair/improvement stuff. Then once you are at $40k why not take it to $50 - you can't imagine paying it off anyway.

/ pickup truck size #284  
My hybrid or F350 don't move like race cars.
I had an F250 go by me last night like I was sitting up on jacks... and I was doing 5 over the 55mph speed limit.

/ pickup truck size #285  
The first ones to ***** about fuel prices are the ones that drive like they're on a race track all the time.
Having my V70 for 2 weeks, i feathered the pedal and used 4.5 liter per 100km. (52mpg) Then i turned the average consumption indication away and drove like i was on the race track, enjoying the torque. Those two days i used 5 liter per 100km (47.5 mpg)

I dont ***** about 1.50 euro per liter (6.75 USD per gallon) but i dont like the fact that 40% excise duty and 21% VAT means that over 50% of my travel expense goes to the government. Then i also pay 141 euro a month in road tax: you pay triple the tax on a diesel vehicle here, but in my case at 35.000km a year, its better than buying gas at 10 US per gallon...

Just to give you guys some perspective on the cost of motoring 😉

/ pickup truck size #286  
Requiring car seats for kids caused a lot of it. Suddenly a lot more people needed the extended or crew cab in the truck they had. Then of course they just kept adding bells and whistles. Another item was big box stores where you haul your own - now the family "sedan" also had to carry a bunch of home repair/improvement stuff. Then once you are at $40k why not take it to $50 - you can't imagine paying it off anyway.
Sure you can... people do it every day...

/ pickup truck size #287  
Having my V70 for 2 weeks, i feathered the pedal and used 4.5 liter per 100km. (52mpg) Then i turned the average consumption indication away and drove like i was on the race track, enjoying the torque. Those two days i used 5 liter per 100km (47.5 mpg)

I dont ***** about 1.50 euro per liter (6.75 USD per gallon) but i dont like the fact that 40% excise duty and 21% VAT means that over 50% of my travel expense goes to the government. Then i also pay 141 euro a month in road tax: you pay triple the tax on a diesel vehicle here, but in my case at 35.000km a year, its better than buying gas at 10 US per gallon...

Just to give you guys some perspective on the cost of motoring 😉
Jeez.. that does put it into perspective. Thanks!

/ pickup truck size #288  
I have a tool box taking up 1.5 feet of my 8 foot bed. That leaves me 6.5 feet. Granted lumber can go under, but I am thinking the next one will be a 6.5 foot bed and leave the tool box out unless I need it. Which I seldom do.
I realize they're not for everyone, but I've been driving Honda Ridgelines for 10 years, and the under-bed trunk is amazing for carrying tools and other stuff around. We have a lake cabin an hour from home, so I usually have pieces in there that I might use at either place such as power tools, chain saw, etc. - things I'd rather not buy two of.

The bed's only about 5'3" long, but it easily holds 4' wide sheet goods, and the tailgate swings up/down or sideways. Bed capacity is 1400-1500lbs, but tow capacity is lighter than a conventional pickup at 5000lbs.

/ pickup truck size #289  
I had an F250 go by me last night like I was sitting up on jacks... and I was doing 5 over the 55mph speed limit.
I have seen an F350 6.7 move fairly dang quick.
I still have a 2000 7.3 and it's not speedy like the 6.7. Especially since I only use it to pull my horse trailer and 30' flatbed.

/ pickup truck size #290  
I've found the new Ford Maverick rather interesting. For the price it would be a good vehicle for running around, and save my pickup for when I need it.