Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #61  
Kids in NJ were once shooting some turtles in a lake. They killed a man working on his roof about a mile away with a ricochet. 22s are bad about that and can go forever when shot into the air. We could never ever go squirrel shooting like we used to when I was growing up, e.g. shooting squirrels out of trees. Better to use a shot gun.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #62  
Several of you have mentioned the lack of parenting. You fail to understand the problem. Many of you grew up in a time that if you screwed up you would get your backside warmed up by your father or you feared you would get a tune up.

Today there is no father in the home. The mother must work and the computer is the baby sitter.

The biggest problem is the threat of the state to punish the parent if the child even thinks he/she has been abused. In some places yelling at your child is abuse. Do not even think about corporal punishment. It is an automatic trip to jail.

I am not an advocate for child abuse but corporal punishment should not be ruled out.

Thanks Dr. Spock.

The problems in our schools can be attributed to the lack of discipline and the fear of school officials to control the students.

The child holds the power because their accusations are all that is needed. There are no consequences if the child/student tells a lie that may ruin a parents or teachers life.
i'm pretty sure we are second in the world behind russia in single parent households.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #63  
just watching the news. they are talking about a woman hit by a stray bullet at the fireworks yesterday and one that was killed at last year's fireworks by a stray bullet.

seems like "stray bullet" is becoming a common term.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #64  
just watching the news. they are talking about a woman hit by a stray bullet at the fireworks yesterday and one that was killed at last year's fireworks by a stray bullet.

seems like "stray bullet" is becoming a common term.
Yes it is. Philly has a lot of deaths from gang shootings where they spray bullets in the direction of their victims, injuring/killing bystanders.
Maybe someone should offer the gang members free shooting clinics so they can kill each other and not the innocents nearby?
Dont laugh! It could actually save lives and get rid of more criminals!

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #65  
So now we have 2 generations that are lacking responsibility. One, for making a child and not following through. Two, the child that never gets real parenting.
EVERY generation lacked responsibilty.

As people have mentioned here before, kids can be stupid. I have no doubt that kids have been doing dumb crap since the beginning of man.

However, kids we're more of a liabilty if they didn't work in the past, so they didn't have as much time to get into trouble perhaps IMO.

Myself with guns? Back in the early 70's no way in heck would my father let me have a .22LR firearm by myself at age 8 of 9 (he let me out alone with BB guns, but I still remember when he told me not to shoot at birds, and I did kill a bid, and that little prick didn't trust me and actually followed me and caught me red handed doing it, and I regretted it LOL did lean my lesson though). I did do the same thing when I let my own boys out back unsupervised with the BB gun, but they always ended up playing in the creek instead LOL

My dad used his .22LR as a kid in the late 30's, but he also helped with the family bootlegging mine at the same age, and was the first one down in front of his father because he was the smallest.

Those dang child labor laws have ruined kids today I tell you.

Last edited:
   / Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #66  
Maybe someone should offer the gang members free shooting clinics so they can kill each other and not the innocents nearby?
You have a point there, gotta say.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #67  
Yes it is. Philly has a lot of deaths from gang shootings where they spray bullets in the direction of their victims, injuring/killing bystanders.

Why free? Gangs have lots of money! Plus little to fear as police departments are very understaffed.

Maybe the fees charged can go to hiring more police.

St. Louis has 114 open police jobs - and growing. That is in a city of less than 300,000 people. Last year, STL had 262 murders.

MoKelly

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #69  
Ya'll must know, there is virtually no return from where we are as a civilization; once you lose traction, it's gonna slide downhill all the way.
If that were actually the case, we as a species would be gone by now on this planet.

As much as we have slid, we have actually climbed.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #70  
People have never lived more comfortable then we are now and we're only going up. I really laugh at people sitting on computers/phones in AC complaining about how terrible the world is.