Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived
Reading is toast.
Some of my better after college buddies became cops in Reading. It seemed even back in the early 90's, the town was going downhill.

Out of curiousity, I used googlefu. I was surprised that Uniontown was ranked higher per crime than Reading or even Philly. I use to work in Uniontown when I lived in West Virginia, and would NEVER come to that conclusion.

Crime stats however can be misleading for numerous reasons, let alone who is collecting the data IMO.

I've worked in both Winston Salem and Reading Pa. See below for Winston Salem per some stats you can find

C1.png

The irony is look at Reading below
C2.png

I worked in Reading in the 90's. I would assume Winston Salem is safer now than Reading even in the 90's. The bigger irony is Philly is given a crime index of 9 vs Winston Salem, so Winston Salem NC is more dangerous than Philly per this website and how they calculate their data. I use to go to Veterans stadium for sporting events, and no way would I consider Philly safer than Winston Salem.

FYI, Uniontown had the same "crime index" as Winston Salem.

Go figure.

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #203  
Some of my better after college buddies became cops in Reading. It seemed even back in the early 90's, the town was going downhill.

Out of curiousity, I used googlefu. I was surprised that Uniontown was ranked higher per crime than Reading or even Philly. I use to work in Uniontown when I lived in West Virginia, and would NEVER come to that conclusion.

Crime stats however can be misleading for numerous reasons, let alone who is collecting the data IMO.

I've worked in both Winston Salem and Reading Pa. See below for Winston Salem per some stats you can find

View attachment 705274
The irony is look at Reading below
View attachment 705275
I worked in Reading in the 90's. I would assume Winston Salem is safer now than Reading even in the 90's. The bigger irony is Philly is given a crime index of 9 vs Winston Salem, so Winston Salem NC is more dangerous than Philly per this website and how they calculate their data. I use to go to Veterans stadium for sporting events, and no way would I consider Philly safer than Winston Salem.

FYI, Uniontown had the same "crime index" as Winston Salem.

Go figure.

I hope someone else was picking up the moving expense for all the moving around you have done.

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived
I hope someone else was picking up the moving expense for all the moving around you have done.
I loved to move when I was single

EDIT - after 17 years of marriage living in a decent size house with land, we only have no more than two moves left in our lives, when my dad dies and my boys move out and then move for MIL, and then when MIL goes, one last move perhaps out west (or Tenn LOL) where I love and my wife fell in love with the areas I took her as well. At this point in time in my life, I kind of dread moving (one gun safe is going with the house as we aren't moving it LOL).

In my past, VW Golf towed by my toyota truck. Generally they gave me at least 2k as moving expenses (back in the early 90's) and I could load my clothes in my VW, throw my camping gear in the truck bed (cap) along with climbing gear and snowboard, and thow my bike and Kayaks on the truck rack. Cost me I guess about $200 for the tow trailer for the car to haul with my truck, and I'd pocket the difference for a weekends worth of travel.

People always assumed "working adults" owned furniture, a TV and a bed :ROFLMAO:

My kids have no clue what kind of life I use to live.

EDIT 2 - sidenote and actually pertaining to this thread, when I moved, any guns I owned stayed at my parents house. I learned that on my first stint as a civilian when I moved to New York. Wasn't worth the time and hassle let alone ensuring they were secure where I lived (although PA to NC wasn't bad when I lived in Western Pa with more than a couple of guns because I only had to to drive through West Virginia and Virginia, years ago).

Last edited: