A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #11  
I bought a Dewalt cordless trimmer a couple years back. Haven't had to replace the squeeze bulb once.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #12  
Stop using gas that has ethanol in it and your squeeze bulb life will extend drastically.
There are some places (Northern Virginia for example) that it is almost impossible to find gas without ethanol unless you buy in tiny quantities like the TruFuel cans.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #13  
There are some places (Northern Virginia for example) that it is almost impossible to find gas without ethanol unless you buy in tiny quantities like the TruFuel cans.
That is sad. Small engines don't do well with ethanol. My Echo gas trimmer is around 10 years old and the bulb is still good. It has only had non-ethanol in it all it's life.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #14  
That is sad. Small engines don't do well with ethanol. My Echo gas trimmer is around 10 years old and the bulb is still good. It has only had non-ethanol in it all it's life.
This is BS. Ethanol fuel has been around for how long, 25 years? You'd think small engine manufacturers could figure out how to make engines that accept it by now.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #15  
I have an old crafstsman brushcutter, must be from mid-90s. cleaned out carb twice in last 5 years. replaced one gas line. Most of the reasons it is retired is due to brackets etc. breaking due to age and making it unsafe. Still runs fine after a minor tune up. I have beat this up a lot and run a lot of tanks of ethanol gas through it, with no problems.

Did get a rusty needle valve on my snow blower and replaced carb for $13, but all the fuel lines are original.
Only place for ethanol here would be an airport.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #16  
This is BS. Ethanol fuel has been around for how long, 25 years? You'd think small engine manufacturers could figure out how to make engines that accept it by now.
Ethanol fuel has been around for over 40 years, and the problem with small engines is they set too much, and the effects of water in combination with the ethanol is what causes the issues. Landscapers that run their equipment every day can run ethanol and don't see issues.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #17  
About 93% of the world ethanol usage is in the US and Brazil. The rest of the world uses it very little. Most of the small engines are made in the rest of the world. No small wonder the small engine manufacturers haven't addressed it. They don't have farmers being subsidized for raising corn and they recognize it at non-effective attempt to reduce CO2 emissions. Actually what is really BS is ethanol itself.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs #19  
When ordering replacement primer bulbs you must check for ethanol compatibility.

/ A solution to poor quality squeeze bulbs
I do use ethanol-free gas