2 x 6 x 12 SPF $16.98

2 x 8 x 12 SYP $14.38

4 x 4 x 10 PT $15.98

2 x 8 x 12 PT $17.98

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #972  
Lowes 2x6x12 PT still $24 here.

Bruce

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #973  
4x4x8 PT today at Lowes, listed at $8.57, It was $11.57 last week.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #975  
^^^ I can vouch for it being less dry. Downright wet in some cases.
Yeah, my take is they dunk green wood in a bath of treatment while sap is still in it in order to save on treatment juice.
Real quality treated is done with dry wood and use a vacuum process.
Your first saw cut confirms what method they use.
Of course you have to understand there are different grades or classes of treated wood.
I know that one grade is 'direct contact' and there also is a 'marine grade'.
You gets what U pay for.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #976  
maybe when the prices go down your insurance rate will go down ....maybe...
LOL, yeah, I bet!

Still believe in Santa?

Next will be taxes as they base evaluations on sold properties for 'fair evaluation'.
They'll keep the same rate but that'll be based on the new evaluations.

Last edited:
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #977  
Yeah, my take is they dunk green wood in a bath of treatment while sap is still in it in order to save on treatment juice.
Of course you have to understand there are different grades or classes of treated wood.
You gets what U pay for.
I had to buy some marine grade 4x12 for my dock float. Expensive stuff and (if you do it right) you have them precut the length and predrill any holes you need. That treatment needs to get everywhere salt water will get. Otherwise it rots from the inside out. I waited like a month for a custom piece.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #978  
You gets what U pay for.
I work for a treating plant. Yes, we have ground contact, and above ground. The difference is the chemicals used, but also the strength of the mix when it is treated and also the treatment process itself (how long it's put under pressure mainly, to control how much chemical is injected into it).

We have CAC treatment, MCA, and Ecolife. Ground contact is usually MCA or CAC, and above ground is usually Eco.

The lumber gets run into a cylinder, has a vacuum drawn on it, the vacuum is held for a specific amount of time, then the valves are opened and the chemical rushes in, fills the cylinder, then it is put under pressure, and then the pressure is held for a certain amount of time. The type of lumber and type of treatment dictate how long each step is and what psi we shoot for.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
LUMBERCommodity $536.00 +46.00 +9.39% 7/16/2021

And that's up from yesterday.

When will the drop show in store prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #980  
Just pulled some .40 retention fence posts from a defunct cattle pasture that I'm converting to hay production that have been in the ground for over 10 years and they look as good as when I pounded them in.

I'll wind up with at least 100 of them that I'll give away....hint