Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
Another Stupid thing.

I was mowing today and emptied a 5 gallon can. Put it behind the truck so I would remember to put it in back to get refilled. Always do that exact thing. Always.

In the evening I’m leaving. As I walk out the door I get a call. Work emergency. Sit it the truck and handle the issue. Took 15 minutes.

So, I start the truck and leave.

I forgot the can was back there. Run over the can!

Stupid stupid stupid.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #142  
My first car was a 1930 Chevy coupe. I decided to clean the carburetor; I removed it, took it all apart, cleaned it and put it back together and put it back on the car. I had this one little part left over, though...it was a small pointed thingy about 3/4 of an inch long, and maybe a big bigger around than 1/8 of an inch. For some reason, I ignored it...until I tried to start the car...gasoline just POURED out of the carburetor. It was the needle valve I left out. My Dad had some choice words for me, but at age 15 I wasn't much of a mechanic.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #143  
My first car was a 1930 Chevy coupe. I decided to clean the carburetor; I removed it, took it all apart, cleaned it and put it back together and put it back on the car. I had this one little part left over, though...it was a small pointed thingy about 3/4 of an inch long, and maybe a big bigger around than 1/8 of an inch. For some reason, I ignored it...until I tried to start the car...gasoline just POURED out of the carburetor. It was the needle valve I left out. My Dad had some choice words for me, but at age 15 I wasn't much of a mechanic.
That's how you learn. I bought a new carb for the TO35 I inherited from my father, because I didn't want to take the time to rebuild the old one. I also replaced everything else from the tank down through, dumped gas into it; and watched the fuel run right through onto the ground. I tried to shut the fuel off and the new petcock didn't work either. Last fall my brother helped me push it back into the barn and that's where it's been ever since. I know that I just need to adjust the float but had bought a new carb thinking that I wouldn't have to mess with it.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #144  
I feel right at home here. :) I do so much dumb stuff that it would crash the site if I were to try and publish it all.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #146  
Hey MoKelly, I'm back!
My wife reminded me while out to lunch yesterday to celebrate our anniversary, about the time we were dating. We went to a burger joint for lunch, we were given a fresh ketchup bottle, well she couldn't get the flow started, so I took it and held it over her head and wouldn't you know it started to flow, I was shocked and she was pissed!😡😡
But we're still going strong after 37 years!👍🏻✌🏻
image.jpeg

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
Hey MoKelly, I'm back!
My wife reminded me while out to lunch yesterday to celebrate our anniversary, about the time we were dating. We went to a burger joint for lunch, we were given a fresh ketchup bottle, well she couldn't get the flow started, so I took it and held it over her head and wouldn't you know it started to flow, I was shocked and she was pissed!
But we're still going strong after 37 years!🏻View attachment 706056

Nice picture.

You are a brave man my friend. My wife would not only be PO’d but —- it’d cost a beauty parlor trip and a new outfit or two or three!!!

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #148  
Hey MoKelly, I'm back!
My wife reminded me while out to lunch yesterday to celebrate our anniversary, about the time we were dating. We went to a burger joint for lunch, we were given a fresh ketchup bottle, well she couldn't get the flow started, so I took it and held it over her head and wouldn't you know it started to flow, I was shocked and she was pissed!😡😡
But we're still going strong after 37 years!👍🏻✌🏻View attachment 706056
Beautiful woman!
You are a lucky guy!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #150  
oN A FISHING TRIP and had accommodation at a pub with three meals a day, we had finished lunch and were going out to our cars for another fishing session, I walked out of the pub into the bright sunshine, stepped off the kerb into the gutter, twisted my anlkle then stumbled and fell next my car, picked myself up and got into the car, about to start it when a hand reached in and took the keys.
I was the local police who had seen the whole event and thought they had themselves a drunk, my 'friends' in the car didn't help with their laughing, after passing the breathalyser my ankle was so badly swollen I couldn't drive anyway, what made it worse was that was about the 4th day and I knew the drain was there, two days with no fishing after that.