Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #161  
Took out a cable once with a weed wacker. Wonder how weather rated your fix is :)

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #162  
Speaking of weed wacker stupidity, I was out doing some trimming. It was hot so I was wearing shorts, hit a patch of poison ivy I didn't know was there. :eek:
Never did that again.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I sold my camper yesterday and while cleaning up and weed whacking i made a slight adjustment to my dsl cable.

i was going to call for permanent install today anyway but the lead time on that will be many days or a couple weeks so, with my extensive training in mil spec electronic assembly, years of experience in the electronic/communications business and a little common sence i made the repair.

My job took me close to the telephony business so i know about twisted pairs and T1s and the like.

i just don't understand why my internet keeps dropping out

IMG_1861.movView attachment 706576View attachment 706580

Sheesh. I’ve done that twice! The phone company couldn’t have buried the line shallower if they had just laid it across the lawn.

Both times they came out and fixed with no charge. I asked if they could bury it deeper and they said “nope”.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #164  
Sheesh. I’ve done that twice! The phone company couldn’t have buried the line shallower if they had just laid it across the lawn.

Both times they came out and fixed with no charge. I asked if they could bury it deeper and they said “nope”.

MoKelly
You folks need a better phone company. Mine is 23 miles away and the lines are buried 16-18" all the way. New fiber optic cable was dug in this summer and next spring it will be run to the house. We live in the middle of nowhere.

You folks need a better phone company. Mine is 23 miles away and the lines are buried 16-18" all the way. New fiber optic cable was dug in this summer and next spring it will be run to the house. We live in the middle of nowhere.

We have ATT. No phone but internet. They are way to big to care. Not too big to fail but too big to care.

Who do you use?

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #166  
We have ATT. No phone but internet. They are way to big to care. Not too big to fail but too big to care.

Who do you use?

MoKelly
We have a local Co-Op Telecom. Funny Story: ATT has their Fiber Optic cable strung on the power poles running by the house. Last winter about 8 technicians spent 2 weeks in our front yard repairing said cable at -20F. Turns out, someone had shot the cable with a 20ga shotgun using #8 shot. They could tell the precise time, date and location this happened. We were home at that time and never heard a shot.

We have a local Co-Op Telecom. Funny Story: ATT has their Fiber Optic cable strung on the power poles running by the house. Last winter about 8 technicians spent 2 weeks in our front yard repairing said cable at -20F. Turns out, someone had shot the cable with a 20ga shotgun using #8 shot. They could tell the precise time, date and location this happened. We were home at that time and never heard a shot.

8 workers and 2 weeks to repair.

Yes —- they are too big!!! My goodness.

I could have built 2 barns with that manpower.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #168  
8 workers and 2 weeks to repair.

Yes —- they are too big!!! My goodness.

I could have built 2 barns with that manpower.

MoKelly
They had to pull enough slack from a mile either way of the damaged area to fix it. Quite the involved process. I almost froze to death sitting here watching them.

They had to pull enough slack from a mile either way of the damaged area to fix it. Quite the involved process. I almost froze to death sitting here watching them.

At 20 below zero I certainly would have froze!!!!

I am not a cold weather person.

MoKelly