Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #172  
Telecom and Power Linemen are a tuff breed in the North Country. They sure work in some very inhospitable conditions.
They also are out in any kind of weather, while the rest of us are sitting inside by the fire waiting for the lights to go back on.

Actually in the 18 years I've been here my power has only been out once for more than a few minutes... that time I happened to be staying someplace else and didn't even notify them until everybody else's lights came back on. Even then it wasn't a formal complaint... I was at the town office and happened to mention it to a lineman's wife.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #173  
2 more stupid things yesterday.

1. While spraying I got my rtv, frank the tank, stuck on the same stump for the millionth time so....

54F50465-4D49-42FF-8A08-E594476C0A9B.jpeg
8C1842E5-E710-4C8A-9DE6-1B21A0497FFD.jpeg
8C1842E5-E710-4C8A-9DE6-1B21A0497FFD.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Stupid Things I Have Done #174  
The second dumb thing i did was....

i have a mix on exit sprayer i put in the bed of my rtv, it's 25 gallons i think. i filled it with fresh water a few weeks ago and something came up and i didn't spray. i left the water in the tank.

so i speant the first 20 minutes yesterday cleaning the green slime out of the water tank.

another tip.....if you leave the concentrate tank connected with the wand or boom below the tank level, much of your expensive chemicals will wick out of the wand and end up in a puddle!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #175  
At least you won't get hung up on that stump for the 1,000,001th time. ;)

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #176  
Nice to bring the ladies in. . . a really important part of who we are. I may post a couple of shots as well. Or, it may merit a separate thread - Our Better Halves?
I like your idea about the ladies! Let us know when you start the new thread! "Our better halves"☮✌🏻

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #177  
I like your idea about the ladies! Let us know when you start the new thread! "Our better halves"☮✌🏻
You're already late for the party. :D Our Better Halves

Disclaimer; I haven't perused it. With nothing to contribute myself, it would make me feel like a Voyeur.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #179  
The second dumb thing i did was....

i have a mix on exit sprayer i put in the bed of my rtv, it's 25 gallons i think. i filled it with fresh water a few weeks ago and something came up and i didn't spray. i left the water in the tank.

so i speant the first 20 minutes yesterday cleaning the green slime out of the water tank.

another tip.....if you leave the concentrate tank connected with the wand or boom below the tank level, much of your expensive chemicals will wick out of the wand and end up in a puddle!
another mix on exit sprayer issue.

when using the boom i occasionally turn around to check things out. last few months every 3rd or 4th time i looked it was not spraying.

problem there is, don't know when it stopped.

long story short, it was the in line rocker switch. it looked fine, i cleaned it once, it even felt very positive but....

when bouncing around the woods etc, the switch would lose contact. looked the same, felt the same, just quit.

i hard wired everything and i now just use an old alligator clip, so far so good.

it shouldn't have taken me so long, i know most electrical problems are either bad terminations, fuses or faulty switches.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
Here is yet another dumb thing.

My wife and I were running a junior tennis event last weekend. Tons of kids I’ve never seen.

A 12 year old comes up and asks a question. The kid had on a full face mask and hat. Asked where the rest rooms were located.

The kid looked like a girl to me. So I say, “the girls bathroom is down the hallway on the left”.

He takes off the hat and says “I’m a boy. Where is the men’s room”?!?!?

Sheesh.

MoKelly