Extend Wifi 300 Feet?

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
We installed a wifi ready lawn sprinkler controller over the weekend at my sister in law's home. It would be handy to have it setup on wifi so I could control it from our house but she doesn't have internet. The controller/timer in her garage is right at 300' from our house where we have wireless internet but can't pick it up over there. There are no structures between the two places, just a powerline.

I read a few searched threads here on TBN but am not up on some of the terminology, for example, difference between repeater and extender.
Wondering if you guys and gals could recommend equipment or method to achieve the above? TIA

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #2  
I connect to a wifi camera out 400 feet from my house with one of these. Make sure and get the model that comes with the external antennas.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #3  
100 yards is going to be hard for any normal extender or repeater to reach. You can try one if you want, but keep the box nice so you can return it if it doesn't work.

The best option is Point to Point beam antennas, but you would need to buy 2 of them and mount them line of site. Unifi makes a bunch of these. Check out the nano beam, that is what I use. Maybe others will have extender/repeater suggestions.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #4  
We installed a wifi ready lawn sprinkler controller over the weekend at my sister in law's home. It would be handy to have it setup on wifi so I could control it from our house but she doesn't have internet. The controller/timer in her garage is right at 300' from our house where we have wireless internet but can't pick it up over there. There are no structures between the two places, just a powerline.

I read a few searched threads here on TBN but am not up on some of the terminology, for example, difference between repeater and extender.
Wondering if you guys and gals could recommend equipment or method to achieve the above? TIA

5G no way because it's limited on range, not speed though. If you can get 2.4G or lower, the range is greater.

With nothing in the way, over water I've seen demonstrations on YT over water out over 1-mile with a chimpsey repeater.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #5  
WiFi Mesh setup seems to be the solution here.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #6  
WiFi Mesh setup seems to be the solution here.

This must be a location thread too. I grew up as a kid in Adiar, MI aka Casco Township right next to I-94.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet?
   / Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #8  
How far does Wifi Mesh typically "reach out" from the router?
About 20-30'. I've only seen these used for room to room setups. :rolleyes:

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #9  
We installed a wifi ready lawn sprinkler controller
Before you install wifi range extenders, are you positive it uses a wifi signal?

I ask because I bought one last year, advertised as wireless, only to find it used Bluetooth, not wifi.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #10  
consider an outdoor modem, 1 watt of power, about 3x more than indoor units