Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,761  
58F cloudy mid 70's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...shouldn't take long cleaning up 2 8" spruce trees with chainsaw and tractor,check game cams,odd and ends puttering.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,762  
The rescue agency said it would take a dog up to 3 days to "decompress"...
Took Margeaux about an hour...maybe. She's a real sweetheart and doesn't let the bad leg get in the way. She does have a tough time going down stairs, but no problems coming up.
Not a real licky licky dog...she loves the attention we're giving her and I think she'll be a welcome member of the family. Definitely our fur baby for a long time to come!!
View attachment 711436
After all the running around and playing...time for a snooze

Arm is still a a bit achy, but tomorrow I'll tap in those spikes at the bottom of the chain link fence....this to prevent Margeaux from escaping under the fence. I'm not sure she'd try, but no use taking that chance
More toys needed. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,763  
Morning all!
58 here also this morning. What a welcome change from the heat and humidity!
Was going to cut the grass yesterday but someone left a light on in the tractor and killed the battery! 👋 Hopefully charger will fix it.
Health wise the wife and I are doing fine.
Was supposed to have our window replaced on Wednesday but it looks like rain will cancel that. An already bummer to add to the bad glazing in the window and being given replacement glass but no installation/replacement.
Prayers for all our servicemen and women!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,764  
69 high of 94 very humid again today

Still feel tired today, had tomato sandwich for dinner very good

Prayers for those in harms way along gulf coast our military everywhere

/ Good morning!!!! #137,765  
Roy after your remarks about your new family member liking the couch I'm glad that you didn't have to post a picture of you sleeping on the floor on a stack of pillows.:LOL: We had my nephews great dane with us a couple of years ago. That dog followed my wife everywhere. Some dogs just love momma. Enjoy the new dog.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #137,766  
Eric, the vast majority of Native Americans have no problem being referred to as Indians, in fact most self identify as such.
was it the owner of the Redskins who commissioned a number of independent surveys of native americans re the name?

i think the result was overwhelmingly in favor of keeping the name.

A rose by any other name.....

/ Good morning!!!! #137,767  
Good Morning
It’s 67 and will likely go up 10 degrees with a mix of clouds and sun as well as a chance of showers and rain today.

Slow day yesterday, made some shop progress, played a few games of table tennis with son, lost 2 out of three games. Last loss was after triple deuce, first loss was by a wide margin.

Not sure what today will bring, might go out to lunch at Bowman’s Tavern near Ken, friends are playing music there from noon to 3.
Not much I can do to get the last speaker finished, I’m still waiting for a shipment of parts containing the resistors I need to finish the crossover.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,768  
Good Morning!!!! 77F @ 5:00AM. Abundant sunshine. High 101F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Looks like one more day of smoke, then maybe a little clearing.

Good luck finding a sale, Ted. Do Sunday papers still have the tons of Labor Day ads they used to on the weekend before?

"Woke" vocabulary is just another sign of the times, Eric. Most folks I know just try to ignore it.

Welcome to the GM thread, alexebdra453. REI used to have pretty good articles on their website for outdoor equipment. A dozen years ago I took a pump filter with me to Baja and it worked great, but there may be better devices out now.

grizzlyFlying.jpg

Finished the frame on the grizzly yesterday, still no sign of the I-beams for the bars. I have a bunch of 2" pipe I purchased for fence railing I'm going to repurpose to make a frame for the 1" screen we found at the junk yard. My hope is I can use it without the bars so I can get going on filling in the trenches. Looking at the photo, I should probably weld caps over the open end of the tubes, too. On the bottom, they'll keep out the dirt, on the top they'll keep out the critters. Not sure about paint, either. Probably do without for now, and see how much rust the rocks rub off. If it's a lot, paint wouldn't last anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,769  
Good morning! 82 now, predicted to be 86 later, same as yesterda, but it showed 90 here. Being outside the last 2 days has tough.heat/humidity got to me Friday, yesterday wasn’t much better.

Mowing yesterday in the sun made me wonder why I don’t have a canopy. But then I would need to do a lot of tree trimming. Need to think about that. Maybe just add a fan to get some air moving would help.

Had a birthday party for my dad in Canton last night. He is starting his 90th lap of the sun. My step sister planned it. Wondered why she chose a restaurant in Canton, but gotta say, food was excellent. The calamari appetizer was quite good (not grilled over a wood fire in Turkey good), but good. The veal was quite tasty, and like the calamari, cooked just right. A lot of the family, we hadn’t really seen in some time due to the current situation. Was good to see everyone.

Not sure what I will get into today. Staying out of the sun will be on the list!

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #137,770  
Good morning to all! Low of 53, going for highs in the mid 80's. The predicted high was only supposed to be 81 yesterday, but hit 88.

Clouds built in late yesterday, and a storm finally crossed over us, albeit very briefly. Only 1/10" in the gauge. Definitely not enough to do anything more than just dampen everything.

We must have been target for a cross wind during the storm.... it was just breezy, when all of a sudden, we heard this really odd wind noise....
When we looked out onto the front porch, a metal rocking chair was down 5 steps, still upright. Another was moved across the porch to the top of the steps. The two upright junipers in front of the porch that are in 30 gal metal planters were knocked over.....

The strange part was that nothing else was moved or damaged.... not even any tree limbs knocked off....

The drip irrigation was completed yesterday! WooHoo!

Ron, as usual, a great pic.

RNG, I have no clue as to the Sunday paper ads.... I have not gotten one for years since it became half the size. The 'paper' really wants people to become online subscribers.

Dftodd, nice family pic on vacation. Hope everyone had a great time!

Popgadget, hope you have a great dinner at Bowman's Tavern.

Today is day of rest.....

Everyone have a great day!