Getting a new portable fuel tank.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #11  
I buy 80-100 new 12v group 26 batteries every year for my generator service. I grab one that has some life left but owner wants a new one to be safe jobs, and use it on my gas pump. Never a shortage of batteries. Heres a picture from a few weeks back. Reminds me, i need to order some more.

Attachments

• 3541935A-83C1-4DB0-B4AE-DA86E93AB81F.jpeg
    3541935A-83C1-4DB0-B4AE-DA86E93AB81F.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 162

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #12  
20210611_181804.jpg

Made a "pallet" for a 50 gal tank, power it from the tractors.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Getting a new portable fuel tank.
View attachment 711581

Made a "pallet" for a 50 gal tank, power it from the tractors.
Nice setup. That is what I had in mind when I started this project but the tank was $400, the pump was $400, and an auto stop nozzle (wife-friendly) was $100. The setup I bought was $820. Hopefully it will hold up.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank.
Minimum delivery here is 150 gallons so I made up a frame to hold 50 gal tank and use the forks to put it in and out of the PU trunk.

Gets filled about twice a year. Biggest expense was the 12v pump....about $125. I use one of those portable 12v booster packs to power it.
I go through 15-20 gallons of diesel a week so I have the trailer to mount my tank in for the monthly trips to the gas station. I had bought a military 3/4 ton trailer off Craigslist several years ago for $400 and was not using it. It is high enough off the ground that the 13 gallon gravity feed gas caddy tank will work to fill the Mule.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #15  
I use the 5 gallon cans just sit it on the hood
put the nozzle in the tank and 5 minutes later
can empty tank full. Our tractor uses 1 gallon
per hour of use. And yes the so called safety
can does take 5 minutes to empty! And I spill
.more fuel with the so called safety cans cause
they don't work right nozzle sticks open and don't
always close!

willy

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #16  
I still lift up my five gallon Jerry cans to fill my tractor. But - one of these days .........

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #17  
I still use 5 gallon cans for some stuff but I never lift one above my waste. Sometimes I use one of those little pumps that use D cell batteries. Both HF and Walmart sells them for 10 bucks. Add a piece of 1/2" tygon and it will pump as high as you can reach.

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #18  
I've posted before - I put the container in my FEL and let the tractor do the lifting, the run a siphon from fuel container to tractor..

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #19  
What i did. I dont bother with a solar charger as i only need to recharge battery once a year. I mounted mine to pallet so i could load and unload onto pickup to refill. Rollers in shop. Mine holds 55 gallons of diesel. Has own 12vdc pump and 10’ hose With auto stop nozzle. Also 10gpm. My back is so happy not having to heft 5 gallon cans

Attachments

• fuel 1.jpg
    fuel 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 762

Attachments

• fule 2.jpg
    fule 2.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 438
Where did you get that transfer pump? How do you get it in and out of your P/U truck? I only have a front end loader, no tines. I like your rolling dolly idea with a pallet. Did you make it? Do you have plans for it?

/ Getting a new portable fuel tank. #20  
1630337380655.png
I was looking at this unit. Don't know how much your setup is