New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #1  

mike0000

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 900, Kubota L3901
My new L3901 was delivered Wednesday, ordered it with HST, loader, third function and grapple.
I opted to install third function myself, grapple is not in stock, 4-6 weeks out.
With the grapple on order, I wanted better grill/radiator protection. I decided to incorporate a LED light bar into my grill upgrade. I’m pretty happy with the results.

Mike

D58C45D1-CEFC-4F03-9921-7B71D479122C.jpegE07A4643-B4DE-4BDA-8E0C-B0B7B0226D75.jpeg3FF9441D-2013-4302-8E05-303D783388DE.png

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #3  
My new L3901 was delivered Wednesday, ordered it with HST, loader, third function and grapple.
I opted to install third function myself, grapple is not in stock, 4-6 weeks out.
With the grapple on order, I wanted better grill/radiator protection. I decided to incorporate a LED light bar into my grill upgrade. I’m pretty happy with the results.

Mike

View attachment 711312View attachment 711313View attachment 711314
i am going to put led lights on mine also been putting it off, the head lights that are on my L3940 are not real bright! My question to you i was just going to tap into wiring that goes into the factory head lights and just have them come on with the stock head light switch by the steering wheel. Is that what you did, my thinking is might as well leave factory headlights on along with the led lights??

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine
Hi Eddie,

I ordered the LED light bar as a kit with a wiring harness, it’s wired to the battery, it uses a separate switch and a relay. Kit was from Nilight (20” 126w Spot/Flood Combo) cost about $40.
I tried it tonight, it’s very bright, much better than the existing headlights.

Mike

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #5  
I like the multiple light bar idea. Your FEL shouldn't block all of them at once. I wasn't so creative. I put a single light bar on my ROPS with U bolts and brackets. I fed it from the work light circuit through a toggle switch I mounted in a water proof (or resistant) box. Along the line of personalizing it I also added a right hand grab bar, a bucket level indicator, and the inner air filter.

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine
Thanks for the compliments!

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #8  
Hi Eddie,

I ordered the LED light bar as a kit with a wiring harness, it’s wired to the battery, it uses a separate switch and a relay. Kit was from Nilight (20” 126w Spot/Flood Combo) cost about $40.
I tried it tonight, it’s very bright, much better than the existing headlights.

Mike
Thanks Mike one of those projects i been putting off more important to do the maintenance Part!

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #9  
I bought a 6 switch weather resistant panel on Amazon and made a wiring harness to power my rear rips light my front canopy light my grill guard light and side canopy lights. I used the last spot for my sprayer. Everything runs back to a fuse panel and is all mounted to a bracket I fabricated and mounted on the studs where the original tool box bracket was located. I cut a piece of rubber to flip over the top adding a little more weather resistance. I do lots of brush hogging and snow plowing at 3 am and the light is perfect for visibility and spotting coons totes and polecats to pick off is an additional bonus