pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #311  
My 2019 F150 dwarfs my '87 Ram 250, carries more, tows more, has at least 150 more hp and gets 50%-60% better mpg while riding better and has a functioning AC.

I still love my old Ram more..
Had a neighbor who bought a Hemi Dodge truck and took it back. He got a Cummins. I asked him why. "Not enough power", he said.

HP ain't what makes a truck. (just like HP isn't what makes a tractor- it's torque and gearing)

I don't love machinery, but I continue to be impressed over these many years with my VW TDI (ALH engine). Slight performance mod, perhaps 120hp; around 250 ft-lbs. 51.5 mpg over 100k miles. 800 miles per tank. It's a tool; no other tool can compare to it (for my needs). For an economy car it's stout, and it's enjoyable to drive (because of the torque).

My truck is a work/farm truck. 12v Cummins. Appreciate the engine. Don't appreciate the rest of the truck (Fummins is the best truck!).

/ pickup truck size #312  
2014 F-350 crew cab long bed 84,400 mi. LOVE THAT TRUCK best one I ever had!!!
Enough said
6508DD30-EF4A-45C6-BA1F-C38AD4103F20.jpeg

/ pickup truck size #313  
People are being smart, when they become homeless these newer trucks will have a lot more value! (easier to sleep in)

I've owned only three trucks in my life. ALL three didn't have engines made by the badged manufacturer. 1958(?) Ford 1/2 ton had a Chev 283 in it, 3 spd on the floor: it was the definition of "beater," bought because I needed something while I was rebuilding a car at the time. Next truck was a 1993 Ford IH (International Harvester), 3/4 ton. Now I have a 1994 Dodge with a 12v Cummins: last truck? hoping so... (I was thinking of going pretty new and getting a travel trailer, but decided that being home in my own park is a lot better than traveling out on the roads of chaos.)

For sure, newer vehicles have a lot better base features. I was driving pre-90 cars that had heated mirrors and seats: manufacturer, European, also had headlight wipers and washers! I'd really appreciate having heated mirrors on my 94 truck.

Those who drive their trucks a lot are far more justified in having one that has more features. STUFF is meant to be USED (otherwise it's just "art").

/ pickup truck size #314  
Those that live in places were truck and car bodies last are usually
unaware of vehicle life and the increased maintenance and costs
that those who live in the rust belt.

/ pickup truck size #315  
I was thinking about this today,,
Back in the early 1970's, I used to haul over 400 bushels of wheat 75 miles to Norfolk VA for my BIL,,
That truck did not have half the engine (HP or torque) that my current pickup has.
My pickup has 2X as heavy a front end as compared to that 1969 F750 Ford that I hauled with.

The hood of that F750 was lower than my pickup. The cab of my pickup is also wider than the F750 was.

L7v3SGR.jpg

GM answered the question as to why they were building such a behemoth truck..
They replied,, "That is what the customer asks for".

/ pickup truck size #316  
Those that live in places were truck and car bodies last are usually
unaware of vehicle life and the increased maintenance and costs
that those who live in the rust belt.
Other than some very minor rocker panel rust,
my 1999 Silverado is as sound as the year I bought it.

Even though the body is almost perfect,, it is the "Trash Truck",,,

I did have a couple brake lines on the 1999 leak due to rust,,
I can not imagine what the "Rust Belt" owners do,,
There must be a LOT of brake failures.

/ pickup truck size #317  
Someone I know up in Nova Scotia pretty much figures that any time he has to wrench something that he will have to cut bolts (which also means replacing them). I'm fortunate in that my conditions see me expecting to NOT have to do such things (and when I do I'm not happy about it).

/ pickup truck size #318  
Other than some very minor rocker panel rust,
my 1999 Silverado is as sound as the year I bought it.

Even though the body is almost perfect,, it is the "Trash Truck",,,

I did have a couple brake lines on the 1999 leak due to rust,,
I can not imagine what the "Rust Belt" owners do,,
There must be a LOT of brake failures.
Every few years, in the spring, I roll into the shop and hoist it up. I then get under and start cleaning, priming, and painting.
DD733E66-BA61-469F-8111-0DFF3646513A.jpeg
It’s an ‘04 without any rust in Minnesota, owned since new. It is extra work to keep ahead of it, but it has been paid of for 14&1/2 years. If it was rusted out, I probably would of replaced it by now.

/ pickup truck size #319  
A friend of mine had a chevy pickup bed in his yard for years. I asked him why and what he was going to do with it. He said "you want it, take it'. So I did. Another friend has a body shop, I asked him if he could use it. He said bring it over we sell them up north for all the PU bed that rust out. They take a dozen or more at a time.

/ pickup truck size #320  
When we started looking for a new truck (2019), we reall liked the GMC Canyon. We looked at a lot of the med size trucks. But several facts kept getting in the way of selecting a mid sized truck - First was tow capacity. Seemed to run from 3500 to 7000. Second was the fact that there was not much difference in the price. When I haul my tractor, I needed two capacity of 10K to 11K. A full size truck became the only answer.