Akita Pool

/ Akita Pool
It's in full sun most of the day, but by 5pm, the house starts to shade it. When the sun is shining on the pool, it's too hot to be in the pool. I've thought about putting an umbrella on the side to create some shade, but it's extremely rare that I'll get in it before 6pm. I don't know what the temperature of the water is. I've never thought to check it. It's cool when I go it it, but in a very refreshing way. I will just float in there for an hour before dinner to cool off and relax. I haven't found anything else that comes close to doing this after a hot day working outside.

/ Akita Pool #292  
When we had a pool we had a solar heater. There were times in the summer when the water woukd get to warm, in that case I’d turn the heater off during the day and open the valves at night to cool it off.

/ Akita Pool
I had some concrete left over from my shed project and wanted to get it out of the way. We realized that when we poured the concrete for the porch that it should have gone out a little farther, so this seemed like a good time to get rid of all those sacks of concrete. Since there is a round section of the concrete, I cut out 4 inches where the form started so it would be thick enough to have some strength. I drilled into the original slab and the cinder blocks of the pool for the rebar, and used glued them in with liquid nails. Depth of the slab starts at 3 1/2 inches and drops down to 9 inches deep. Instead of trying to build up the dirt and compact it, I just mixed more concrete. I had 66 sacks and I used every one of them. I didn't have enough concrete left over to fill a coffee can!!!! I can't remember when I was so close on materials and actually had enough to finish it.

The weather changed today. It's less humid out and morning temps are in the 70's with a forecast to get down into the 60's later this week. My days of swimming are coming to an end and I'm expecting to drain it in a couple of weeks. Pretty soon we will be enjoying a fire on the porch!!!

240098830_10226617936857306_6550950960145182739_n.jpg

240670644_10226618816359293_7995795960920706325_n.jpg

/ Akita Pool #295  
Eddie,
Isn't it fun putting all those sacks of concrete into that mixer!
hugs, Brandi

/ Akita Pool
Picking them up is the worse part about concrete work. The 80 pound sacks where horrible. The 60 pound sacks are doable, but I'm probably going to need to find something smaller pretty soon. Or just quit mixing concrete!!!

/ Akita Pool #297  
Picking them up is the worse part about concrete work. The 80 pound sacks where horrible. The 60 pound sacks are doable, but I'm probably going to need to find something smaller pretty soon. Or just quit mixing concrete!!!
I used to do 80s. Now 60s. Next time might be 40s. I think Home Depot has 40 pound sacks. My mixer opening is above belt height.
hugs, Brandi