Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,481  
Good evening all. 64F for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Wind was light, sky went to mostly cloudy and back mostly clear, and high temp was 87F, DP 64F. Humidity has stayed lower than forecast, rain is looking more definite next week :). Men's meeting to start day, worked on chain saw, have wood harvest coming up soon. Made trip to gold cart place and got parts for chain saw and golf cart on list to get initial service done, at 30 hours. Did get nap in, did not get bike chain done, need to get it done prior to Saturday.
Covid update: Cooke 3845 confirmed cases, 65 active cases, Montague 2324 confirmed cases, 63 active cases, Grayson, 13998 confirmed cases, 342 active cases. Cooke 16, Montague 19, Grayson 48, new cases.
RS interesting collection of stuff, you will be read for a scrap run soon :)
Buppies hope you get some rain soon.
Ron shapers are getting rare anymore, haven't run one since early 80's. neat visitor
Drew hope you had good luck with tracking down shed. You have a busy day today.
Thomas have fun on your walk
Ken trench is much bigger now, will you do some erosion control?
Paul you may survive the type rating yet :)
Dennis sorry bout the surgery. prayers sent
RNG sorry about the sand scarcity, always plenty in STL, as it gets dredged from Mississippi River.
PJ sorry about the downed power lines. glad you are getting some rain, we are in more of a summer pattern, rain wise but not as hot.
Eric the rain does not take long to get into the mines, the geological structure is very porous. Not sure what they can do for flood control. Glad sheep are happy
David Glad town trip good, good luck with grout, sorry you are losing friends.
RS Have fun with the service on Kubota, enjoy your inside day
Dennis hope wife becomes a good patient. Glad surgery went well
Thomas nice Buddy said thank you. nice to get outside.
Dennis she really need to be careful and let wrist heal. My sister did not.
RS having fun shopping?
Doug sorry about the redo.
Don surprised at people not getting the second jab. sorry about your rise in cases today.
Roy hope you needed the rain
Don so you still have plenty cedar to cut?
RS I am waiting for the days when we get 55F for a low here!
Rich congrats on winning such a cool bike!
Randy been there done that with meetings that are complete way before they are done. :(
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery/Back issues, RNG/fire season, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,482  
Good evening! 64 now, think it only got to 73 today. Had some light showers.

got a project dumped on me today. Seems our engineering may have made a little goof and can’t figure out what is now wrong. Got 2 guys in IN twiddling their thumbs and I have a pile of schematics on my desk trying to figure out what is wrong. Just a brake system, how big of a deal is that……

I never win anything. Ever. I do enter raffles if I think the money is going to a good place, but never expect to win. Recently a race bike went up for raffle 150 tickets @ $100/ea. $3k of the proceeds would got to the Rookies of 79 which helps injured racers. Kyle knows the charity. I had an odd feeling about this raffle. Not that it wasn’t legit, but that I would win, which never happens. Drawing was today, i was joking this morning about needing a business trip to FL to pick up my new bike. It was a joke, I never win anything. Started getting text messages this afternoon congratulating me on winning. I thought it was a joke until I got an email from the owner. Check out my new race bike

I have no idea what I am gonna do with it!

Everyone stay safe out there.
Wow, oh wow! Get your steel shoe back out of the bottom drawer!
Lets put a light kit and front brakes on it.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,483  
Sounds good. I'll never forget mine. I had reached a point that I had no grip AND I had about quit going to bed at night, just sat up with my hands hanging down so I could move them a bit when they got to hurting too much. I think I was lucky in getting the right surgeon. I did over hear him telling someone that mine was the worst he'd ever seen.

A couple of days after the surgery his nurse called to ask how I was doing. I told her my wrist hurts like the dickens and she said,"Oh?" and I told her, "Not the one he worked on; it's just fine, but the other one hurts; when can he do it?" She told me he liked to wait at least a month before doing the second one. I really didn't want to wait that long . . . but . . . well, I had the left hand done on August 4, 1997 and the right hand done on September 3, 1997. So yep almost a month.

I've never been happier with anything any doctor has done to me.

Reminds me of my knees, Bird. Didn’t realized how much left hurt until I got right fixed.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,484  
Speedy recovery for your wife, Dennis

/ Good morning!!!! #138,485  
Good morning

Tea for me and today I’ll be working late

/ Good morning!!!! #138,486  
Day got off to a slower start than anticipated.

Got a quite high quote on LS MT125 for Sophie. Thousands more than expected. This is a new dealer, replacing the one 1 bought from. My guess from their main website is they are more a corporate supplier vs user/consumer.
By the time you add taxes, it is more than I paid for my XR4140.
IMG_0647.JPG

As I was sorting thru this my new neighbor called. Very talkative type. Had to tell him I had a bucket of grout calling me. Then I had to explain the grout

But I did get underway, will still need a final clean up.

Also decided that it would be beneficial for our son to inherit not just assets that have appreciated, but also assets that have been appreciated (by me and his Mom ). In keeping with that, I put a deposit on a UTV, Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4.
IMG_0648.JPG

Dealer didn’t have an inbound yet, just posted to website by Kawasaki last night which probably means it is invoiced but not shipped. Decided to go kinda middle of the road, more utility. Dealer had told me to watch the website as they show up there first and tend to be sold by time they arrive. I’ll likely add a roof and windshield.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,487  
2021-09-16, 0336

59° right now...high in the low 70's...

/ Good morning!!!! #138,488  
poured first cup of coffee. 52° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 77° with a few clouds in PM. Spent most of yesterday taking shaper apart and checking out bearings and other parts. Cleaned it up and put back together. Still need to make a way to hook up vacuum to it. Will work well to square up edges that are too narrow to feed threw my planer. With cutter I have it will do up 2" wide. Grocery shopping this morning. Then a little house cleaning.
Q9dQHlX.jpg

David, nice Mule. Lots of accessories that can be added.

Buckeye, hope you wifes surgery recovery goes well.

RNG, NO Sand :eek:. Lots of sand in Michigan.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,489  
Prayers your wife’s hand heals quickly BEF

Nice UTV sodamo

Drew I would go get it so they do not lose another one

Sorry about wife’s delay PJ due to fallen power lines and trees

Nice bike RichB1

66 high of 79 today cloudy still no rain

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #138,490  
good morning all
much cooler day, some showers last night, more this afternoon, high in upper 70's.

several hour zoom school board meeting last night, went well, school is doing super well and it was announced last night
that some very very deep pocket just donated 5.7M to school as part of 9.5M capital campaign to build a new gym and science classrooms.
That sure got the campaign off to an amazing start, means we can start building next year.

It's going to be a real test of dealer morality when/if my Ridgeline comes in. Will they honor the 2k off discount I negotiated six months ago?
Many dealers aren't... was told this would be a 2022 model now, not a 2021 so I'm assuming that might hike up the base price a small amount.

Welcome NewtonLil. Tea is fine. What model tractor do you have?

David, good luck with UTV and hope it shows up in reasonable amount of time. Whatever that is any more...

hoped to get grass mowed this morning before it rains again. Maybe.

right shoulder went out last night, doesn't hurt as bad as left did, but depressing to think I may have to get this one operated on also. Same muscle/tendon, one going across the top and down the outside of the shoulder.

Sand is a really big deal in SE Asia as concrete construction in China and India has drained local supplies. All those concrete high rises China built took a lot of sand to make.