Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,471  
$1350 poorer and with a swollen lip just happy to be home.
What did you do now? Surly the Dentist did not punch you in the mouth? Maybe it's just numb.

Drew, also from your source the older breakthrough deaths are very sick people.
"Among vaccinated adults with breakthrough cases that put them into the hospital, the median age was 73 and about 71% had three or more underlying conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions and others."

County Covid cases are back up, 550 new cases today. Moannnn.

Over 2 million people in Texas did not show up for their second dose of the two dose vaccination. The one shot is like getting no vaccine with the Delta variant. One person I know in Kyles county did not get the second shot and was in the hospital on a ventilator. (This was not Kyles friend)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #138,472  
Heavy rain this afternoon...I was at work (50 miles south of home) and the wife texted me about the rain. Maybe 20-30 minutes later, the rain hit the area the plant is in....couldn't see much out the windows...that's how hard it rained. Didn't last long...5-6 minutes at most.
The drive home was mostly drizzles. Now, about 2 hours after I got home, nice steady rain...not too hard, but a good soaker....

/ Good morning!!!! #138,473  
Another productive day at the park. With a dozen people and 4 chainsaws in 4 hours we cleared the cedars from 3 majestic Live Oak trees. We left them a row of cut limbs and trees 50 yards long and 5 feet high.

The park will not open soon because of problems with contractors. They did not put protection around the building which were on inclines and after a few rains mud ended up against the buildings. The bonding companies were out today evaluating the sites. It looks like they will try to open next year. At least we still have a weekly job without people hiking about.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,474  
I've used 80w-90 gear oil in the front axle, except for the first change out where I used (I think) Kubota SUDT.

I think my front leakage issues may be due to a lack of hygiene (not keeping them clean)

Need to give the whole unit a bath before I do the 2400 hour service, it's overdue.
Gear oil would, at least in my opinion, be a much better choice for the front drive line. I'll probably switch at the next scheduled change. But it'll be dino oil; I've also had problems with "wonder" synthetic oils leading to gear tooth pitting in the motor bikes.

Keep in mind that the same sorts of gears drive the rear wheels, too, RS. Along with all those expen$ive parts in the rest of the HST drive line. Not that $10/pale isn't a good deal, but for me at least, it's not a good enough deal.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,475  
65F and partly cloudy @ 20:00, heading down to an overnight low of 55F, which will be outstanding sleeping weather ... (y)

Unloaded hydraulic fluid from van, still need to move the fluid inside and the van over to it's parking spot.

Did a little work leveling the area of the dirt pile which has been cleared.

Also dug out 45+ buckets of compost to dry for screening in the coming days:

IMG_1336 copy.jpg

Getting in towards the center of the pile I could actually feel the heat radiating out as I drove past it:

IMG_1334 copy.jpg

The cattle are turning out to be quite a hit with the neighbors - different family came over tonight to have a look.

Think I might have to consider charging admission ... :LOL:

Time to dig those leftover chops out of the 'frig and see about warming them up.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #138,476  
Gear oil would, at least in my opinion, be a much better choice for the front drive line. I'll probably switch at the next scheduled change.

(y)

But it'll be dino oil; I've also had problems with "wonder" synthetic oils leading to gear tooth pitting in the motor bikes.

I've used a variety of gear oil in it: Castrol, (possibly) Mobil 1 synthetic, and Kubota.

Keep in mind that the same sorts of gears drive the rear wheels, too, RS. Along with all those expen$ive parts in the rest of the HST drive line. Not that $10/pale isn't a good deal, but for me at least, it's not a good enough deal.

It's $10 OFF per pail (reg. $39.99, on sale for $29.99)

I've been using it for probably the last 1500 hours ... no issues so far (knock on wood)

;)

/ Good morning!!!! #138,477  
Good evening! 64 now, think it only got to 73 today. Had some light showers.

got a project dumped on me today. Seems our engineering may have made a little goof and can’t figure out what is now wrong. Got 2 guys in IN twiddling their thumbs and I have a pile of schematics on my desk trying to figure out what is wrong. Just a brake system, how big of a deal is that……

I never win anything. Ever. I do enter raffles if I think the money is going to a good place, but never expect to win. Recently a race bike went up for raffle 150 tickets @ $100/ea. $3k of the proceeds would got to the Rookies of 79 which helps injured racers. Kyle knows the charity. I had an odd feeling about this raffle. Not that it wasn’t legit, but that I would win, which never happens. Drawing was today, i was joking this morning about needing a business trip to FL to pick up my new bike. It was a joke, I never win anything. Started getting text messages this afternoon congratulating me on winning. I thought it was a joke until I got an email from the owner. Check out my new race bike

I have no idea what I am gonna do with it!

Everyone stay safe out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,478  
Wow nice win.

Storms going thru, .8” rain already. Had to drive home in it.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,479  
BEF, good news on your wife, tell her don’t overdo it, the the anesthesia and pain meds wear off. I had mine done in 1985, it was more invasive then. I was young and hard headed, slowed my recovery.
74 now, got to 88 today, chances of rain for the next couple of days.
Had a meeting tonight and as usual it was finished 45 minutes before we could get out of there. I love those people that can’t stop raising their hands when ask if there’s anything else. “I think the raffle tickets should be blue instead of red. Can I get a second?”
I’m thinking yes, you have a second to shut up so we can go home!
Rant over. LOL
Have a good night.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,480  
Most of the meeting items of meetings I attend could be done with a couple emails. But there are people who refuse to use emails or txt. Lol