Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #91  
Nice work !

You will get the last bit of rust out as you keep at it (y) Good job..

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #92  
Be sure and put that hood on before tightening the fenders. I had my left fender lined up nice, right fender as well, installed hood and started all over... ended up with loosening my right side top door hinge to bring it out to match top fender. I still need to replace all door seals. I hope bringing it out 3/8” doesn’t cause window leak. Currently everything leaks as the rubber has rotted.
Thanks for the updates! It’s an exciting build. :)

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #93  
All my Nova's had bench seats. I miss those. Driving along out in the country with my arm around my wife listening to the radio. (y)

Nice job on the rust detection.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
Be sure and put that hood on before tightening the fenders. I had my left fender lined up nice, right fender as well, installed hood and started all over... ended up with loosening my right side top door hinge to bring it out to match top fender. I still need to replace all door seals. I hope bringing it out 3/8” doesn’t cause window leak. Currently everything leaks as the rubber has rotted.

The tab I'm moving is what the windshield rests on at the bottom, and it will be in towards the cowl just like it was before, just up towards the top of the windshield channel the same distance as the left one is.

All my Nova's had bench seats. I miss those. Driving along out in the country with my arm around my wife listening to the radio. (y)

Nice job on the rust detection.
My '69 had a bench seat too, but I wanted to put buckets and a console in this one. A friend had a couple of '69s (He wrecked one and almost killed himself.) with bucket seats and I liked them more than the bench seat.

I may cut the left windshield tab off and check for rust under it too. No sense letting it go this far into the game.

I have checked the dimensions between the fenders at the cowl and at the radiator support, and according to the Nova assembly manual, it's right on.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #97  
My '69 had a bench seat too, but I wanted to put buckets and a console in this one. A friend had a couple of '69s (He wrecked one and almost killed himself.) with bucket seats and I liked them more than the bench seat.

I may cut the left windshield tab off and check for rust under it too. No sense letting it go this far into the game.
We had a three-on-the-tree in one of them. So she learned to shift for me so I didn't have to take my arm down from the back of the seat. Now that right there is love. 😁

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #98  
I had a three on the floor in my first Camaro, a new six-cyl '71 I'd scored for ~$2700 OTD. Years later I was cruisin' with a friend and her bestie. (We ended up on the freeway doing 50+ into a snow flurry with at most 200' visibility.)

Somehow Mary had wanted to work the gas pedal and reached her foot over the trans tunnel. On her cue, the friend would reach between the seats and work the shifter for most of the few hours we hung out. I had clutch & brake duty.

I haven't had a bench sear in a car in the last 40 yrs and kinda prefer 'em esp in trucks. (3 past, two current) I also haven't had someone to put my arm around in 35 years and I was five or so getting over the last 'someone'. Seems to matter less each decade.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #99  
We had a three-on-the-tree in one of them. So she learned to shift for me so I didn't have to take my arm down from the back of the seat. Now that right there is love.
Just make sure she grabs the correct lever.