Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #71  
I'd replaced a front fender on my first Camaro but had left out several bolts that attached the inner to it aroud the wheel opening. Didn't go far before I could see the front of the car kinda undulate. After filling all the holes with new J-nuts & bolts and tightening, ... on the second try I got the right jack pressure under the corner to line up to the doors & hood (loose again), retighten, and all was solid again. It seemed easy at the time. BTW six years later I quit daily driving the '71 and sold it. Had bought my '77 Nova by then.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #72  
You will be very proud when it's finished.

I have only done one bare frame restoration. It was a 70 Volvo 1800E. I was younger and couldn't afford to have anything that wasn't in use so I drove it 100K and sold it.

I hope you have okay luck with those red urethane mounts. I have tried that stuff in a couple of applications and it cracked and went to hell in no time so I refuse to use it for anything these days. I think you would have been better off using stock type rubber.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
You will be very proud when it's finished.

I hope you have okay luck with those red urethane mounts. I have tried that stuff in a couple of applications and it cracked and went to hell in no time so I refuse to use it for anything these days. I think you would have been better off using stock type rubber.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to being able to drive it again.

I put a set of those on it right after I bought it, as the originals were shot. Drove it for three years and they were still like new. None cracked.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #74  
Got the doors hung on Saturday, now I'm waiting on a pack of fender shims so I can start getting the fenders fit.
R & L is supposed to deliver the new hood tomorrow.

View attachment 710775
Did you talk to your paint guy about putting the doors on, you would be better off having the doors off for painting. I just finished a restoration of my 1970 Karmann Ghia and the shop that did the paint removed the doors and front and rear bonnet for painting.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #75  
Did you talk to your paint guy about putting the doors on, you would be better off having the doors off for painting. I just finished a restoration of my 1970 Karmann Ghia and the shop that did the paint removed the doors and front and rear bonnet for painting.
You have to put everything on and line it all up first. Get everything perfect, THEN take things off to paint.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #76  
Rattle can paint job not good enough? :oops:

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #78  
Neighbor Paul hd a '57 Chevy 4-door sedan in HS. ('60s) He painted it royal blue .. with a roller. It still drove ok when he went off to college.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #79  
I knew a guy who painted a car with a brush.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #80  
I knew a guy who's car looked painted with a broom.