Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,901  
Margeaux jumped up on my bed last night...woke up to take a pee, had a dog snout almost touching my nose. The girl was laying across the pillows at the head of the bed. If you're a dog lover like I am, you'll appreciate that anecdote.
I have that problem with Sassy. Never had a dog that sleeps in bed with me before. So far she stays at foot or middle of bed. But will cuddle up as close as possible to me during the night. If I am laying on my side there is no way to roll on my back. How can so little of a dog take up so much space? :unsure: She has been a great companion the last 2 years.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,902  
Good morning all. Gateways are a little sticky this morning after last nights rain, I may leave it another day before continuing to thin out the hedge that borders the hay field. It was slow going yesterday with loppers and chainsaw, I'm sure Don would have cleared twice as much in the same time. Even so, it is a very pleasant way to spend a few hours outside, with the bonus of providing a bit of firewood too.

Wng, when you go on those new trails, do you take a map to find your way back, or are you one of those people who have inbuilt homing pigeon instincts?

overgrown hedge.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #139,903  
48 degrees out, turned oil burner back on but looks like a lovely cool Fall day.
.57 in rain gauge, more than expected.
I'm happy, it watered that pachysandra nicely.
Looks to be dry for a while, no rain in ten day forecast

/ Good morning!!!! #139,904  
Good Morning.
It’s 49 and won’t make it into the 60’s today. Clear skies and breezy.

Yesterday’s trip to NH, went well, but did have to cross the line of weather associated with the cold front. It was probably 5 minutes of rough ride, and windy at our destination airport. Other than that 5 minutes it was a slow day. I did load the tracks from Friday nights rehearsal and gave a few things a quick listen, I liked what I heard, I’ll probably revisit it today after I get the speaker finished.

LFN- I used to fly a plane on amphibious floats from North Bay to Lake Temagami where the owner had a home on an island. We would fly from Philadelphia to North Bay in a Saberliner, and then take the Caravan on floats to Temagami.
North Bay 10-20-0107.jpg

I was in Goose Bay with that Sabreliner on 9/11/01, but that’s another story……

/ Good morning!!!! #139,905  
Good Morning!!!! 57F @ 4:45AM. Becoming windy with showers likely this afternoon. High 73F. Winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Isn't that a beautiful forecast? The 10-day looks even better:
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 4.39.58 AM.png

Looks like I'll soon be firing up the wood stove for the first time this season.

How's your mileage total looking this year, Bruce? Have you set a record breaking pace again?

Like so many other things these days, Drew, the price of dates is up because the supply is limited and people are willing to pay whatever is asked to get some. Same with Labor. Why work when there's so much government money floating around to be had for free?

Got a few things to put away this morning before the rain gets here, and some dirt to move so it doesn't get stuck under the grizzly. Shouldn't take long, and the rain will help it settle into the low spot I've got picked out for it, too.

tankCover.jpg

I didn't think I'd get finished with the fuel tank yesterday, but I didn't find as many runs as I thought I would, and the sanding, starting with 800 and progressing through 1200, 1500, and 2500 grits went quicker than anticipated as well. I had just enough rubbing compound, and opened a brand new bottle of swirl mark remover, so it all got done but by just the skin of my teeth. The color match isn't as far off as I thought it would be, either, but paint has a way of shifting color as it dries, and this stuff went the right direction for once. Pearls change color depending on the light, too, so two pieces of exactly the same color will look different when sitting next to each other just because of that. Anyway, it's nice to have that job out of the way, and just in time, too, because it's looking like it'll be a while before it's warm enough to do much painting, anyway. I did get the Rustoleum on the water tank done, at least all the paint I had, a full coat and half another one. Looks better than it did, but not some of my best work. It didn't help that the disposable roller I was using came loose from its core and kept falling off the handle. Got what I paid for, which wasn't much, on that one. Also got the gasket on the van's skylight caulked, but want to put a tarp under it to catch any water that still might get in from the coming rains. I noticed that the gasket has taken a set from being shut all summer, and might need replacement.

I've been hearing some squawking and thumping outside the office sliding door the past few days, so yesterday got up to take a look to see where it was coming from. Turned out to be a pair of woodpeckers, I think they're Hairys, sitting on the rim of the gutter and catching the drips from the sprinkler head that's been leaking. All I could see was the head of each of them, one on each side of it, politely taking turns. They sure are fun to watch, but gosh, they can do a lot of damage, too.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,906  
Nice day yesterday just rested went out for dinner with good friends fun had by all

PJ sorry about wife’s fathers wife

Prayers for all

Nice paint job RNG

/ Good morning!!!! #139,907  
Don, dates seem to be your go to sweetener. I wish they didn't cost 15 dollars a pound in local supermarket.
I wonder why they cost so much more than prunes.
At Costco I buy a 2lb container of Medjool dates for $10-$12. They are harder than the fresh California dates but good for the recipes that call for date paste/syrup because they are put in the blender. Costco also has pitted Deglet Noor dates even for less but they are smaller and harder.

Good morning! 40˚F - shocked! Slept with the window open last night so the house is nice and cold this morning. Clear skies heading to the 70s.

Drew, even our strict Community Association does not require mask outside.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,908  
47F blue sky 60 for high.storm last shook lot leaves from the trees. :oops:

Got up late outside chores finally done, dang chest cold kept me hacking cough all night enough so I have no desire for E muffin. :eek:
Plans for today...Had plans leaf duty but the way I feel nothing zero nope not going to happen,just stumble around might check games maybe watch some football nascar,one thing for sure some short naps.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,910  
Got real Thomas I’ve had this stuff since last Wednesday really runs you down