Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,921  
It's a great time to sell Buckeye. But if you don't have a dream place, no matter what the size, to move to, then
it may be difficult in short term.

When the surviving generation in my family went to sell our farm here in New Hope,
we were offered a million dollars more by a developer who wanted a house farm in there.
My grandfather would have turned over in his grave. 70 acres of the 116 were old growth woods.
Those woods fed our fireplaces over 75 winters, and my father burned 7 cords a winter.
So none of us wanted the woods bulldozed.
We finally found a local established builder who agreed to put 75 percent in conservation, including 100 percent of the farm fields that faced the road.
So now we have a land preservation sign out on the old Rockwood Farm and it gives me a good feeling when I drive by occasionally.
Depends upon your local township or county whether there are preservation funds available.
I can say from experience that the satisfaction is long lasting. And makes you want to "go home again" instead of thinking OMG what have they done...
I think particularly relevant if you continue to live in the same area as I have.
If you move next to David in Paradise, maybe less an issue.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,922  
Got a text from some real estate dude asking if I wanted to sell. I replied for $6million it’s yours. Hope I didn’t go too low,

I think it was a little more than a year ago that we got a letter asking if we wanted to sell our lot in Maine. They were offering a bit less than 1/10th of what we payed for it which is a matter of public record. I wonder if they get many takers?

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #139,923  
Got a text from some real estate dude asking if I wanted to sell. I replied for $6million it’s yours. Hope I didn’t go too low. Old friend of mine restored a T bird once. Someone asked if he’d sell, so he threw out what he thought was a high price, and the guy wrote him out a check.
Don't sell until you have a firm plan for a nice place to land.

Pops, that Caravan looks like one super nice amphibious plane. I'll bet it was a treat to fly it, but wonder if it handled like a slow boat cargo plane? I can't imagine the training req'd to get rated for that thing.... I've toured an amphibious WWII plane, a PBY, and the whole time I was wondering how on earth it had the HP to break free from the water and fly....it was really big when you got up close and personal with it.

I got the 2 hydraulic hoses "unsnaked" from the Beast. Will hopefully drop them off and try to get them replaced this week.

PJS, it can be a handful keeping someone else's kid that young. BTDT. We watched a little girl once, probably closer to 3 years old, and once the mama came and picked her up, I told my wife I would make myself absent if she offered again.....and I love kids. This one was the product of daycare and was apparently often "dropped off" to others. I believe things are better now that she's maybe 13-14 years old.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,924  
Good morning all. Gateways are a little sticky this morning after last nights rain, I may leave it another day before continuing to thin out the hedge that borders the hay field. It was slow going yesterday with loppers and chainsaw, I'm sure Don would have cleared twice as much in the same time. Even so, it is a very pleasant way to spend a few hours outside, with the bonus of providing a bit of firewood too.

Wng, when you go on those new trails, do you take a map to find your way back, or are you one of those people who have inbuilt homing pigeon instincts?

View attachment 717289
Eric, looks like hard work. Does any of that vegetation irritate one's skin?

/ Good morning!!!! #139,925  
Don't sell until you have a firm plan for a nice place to land.

I replied mostly as a joke. If they would pay me $6M for my place I could afford to find a place to land. . There’s always the farm.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,926  
Outside worship and cookout went well. Was a lot of fun. Even had a bald eagle fly over.

IMG_1947.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #139,927  
Good evening all. 42F for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind today, variable cloudiness, and high temp was 72F, DP 36F. Chapel to start day, then cook wife breakfast. Worked on front derailleur on Volagi, it was frozen up. Took longer to adjust it than to free it up. Did get nap in and watch some football. Went to Rib Crib for dinner and grocery store after dinner.
Covid update: Cooke 4113 confirmed cases, 28 active cases, Montague 2579 confirmed cases, 24 active cases, Grayson, 16,000 confirmed cases, 209 active cases. Cooke 4, Montague 4, Grayson 0, new cases. Grayson number still don't add up
Dennis good to hear heart back in rhythm. Had some txt recently that did not send. Fortunately nothing serious. Nice sunset.
Drew good to hear friend is healing well. hope weather cooperates for outdoor event, sorry about the one family
Ron hope visit went well. Thanks for back update. nice woodpecker pic
Roy is she becoming more of a daddy's girl?
Billy ope you get a hike with your son while he is here.
Bill hope the basement transfer continues without a hitch
Ron Scooter wants to sleep with us when we have him over night, but he snores too much. Stepdaughter can't understand how he sleeps either :)
Eric does hedge make good firewood?
Paul glad only bumps for 5 minutes. Saw video on C340 crash in San Diego, bad deal. Glad you made it home from Goose Bay, did you have to drive?
RNG that is a very nice 10 day. Current mileage is 5120, current record is 6180. Nice job on the tank.
Buppies glad you know how to conserve energy :)
Don you were cooler than me this morning.
Thomas sorry you feel so bad, naps good for that.
Kyle hope you had fun doing slides, nice track steer. hope date went well. good luck with beast hoses.
Kyle you using app or via computer?
Ken glad no one was hurt when widow maker fell. nice pics
RS nice score on the plants. hope you had a good day
PJ hope your wife survived the babysitting.
David hope you got the floor finished and enjoyed your football. Not sure what COP is. Animals like being near their "pack"
Dennis glad service went well. Wonder why waitress quit. Hope hot dog roast went well.
Dennis I take it 6 million is your "I don't want to sell price" :)
Drew glad family was able to do some land preservation when they sold
Kyle I got to see the Cousteau PBY before it crashed, was at Columbia, MO airport doing work for University of Missouri. One of the guys I knew from SME was Catalina pilot from WWII.Good to near got old hoses off Beast.
Dennis glad cookout went well. Cool about the bald eagle
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, Roy/ palpitations, angina wife/ankle recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery/Back issues, RNG/fire season, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Mike/elbow pain, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all

/ Good morning!!!! #139,928  
Not a very productive day, but good for energy conservation. No progress on the floor, but watched more football than intended.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,930  
2021-10-18, 0417

45° right now...up too early this morning. Today's high will be about 50° and looks like a cool down to the 30's by the end of the week...