Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,911  
G'morning, a cool 48F here and clear skies.
53 high of 81 before front comes thru limited moisture to work with though

Hope tests come back good Toppop, Ellen and I share one thing in common
Happy belated birthday Bupps, and hope your congestion gets better soon.

The rain here was heavy but only lasted 1/2 hour. I'm wondering when the lawn at the farm is going to slow down. It is still growing like crazy but it is nice and green. The leaves are starting to fall.
The soy beans at the farm are turning yellow so it will be a while before they are ready to harvest. Other farms nearby have been harvesting beans and a lot of the corn is down.
I saw a really nice buck when I was mowing the farm lane last week. It is funny how shy they are this time of year. In the summer they would stand there and look at me.
The contractor who put the board road down for the power line pole replacement project started taking them back up Friday. A lot of them had a big white J painted on them which I thought might mean they were junk. I wonder what happens to them. They are "restoring" the ground and blowing out straw and I assume grass seed. I have been wondering if the trail under the wires will be usable.
The sailboat is washed and in the barn. I got the kayaks washed and back on the trailer. Kind of sad. I wish I had a lighter kayak that I could launch and load by myself. I would like to explore the northern part of the chesapeake. The weather would still be good for boating.
Speaking of boating I saw this ad while I was watching Youtube, Looked pretty nice till I saw the price. Guess I'll have to keep saving.

Chris
Nice boat, outta my league. I'm wondering why the outboard option costs an additional $60K plus MORE than the sterndrive? I would prefer the outboards, just for the added room in the boat. But goodness, they are pricey.

My brother was having afib, heart got back in rhythm and he got home. He thought he sent status, but it didn’t get sent so we didn’t know.
Prayers.

So my daughter went out on a date with a new guy. Young man seems to have his head on straight. She's the first girl he's ever asked out on a date. He's a senior at a small neighboring school, while she's a junior.

My buddy just bought a huge tracksteer. It is maybe the biggest one made? Says it has 14,000 lbs of tractive force (it weighs about that much too).
IMG_20211016_135726014_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211016_135726014_HDR.jpg
Says he is going to order new track rubber for it. Hopes to use it with a special narrow bucket to pop out Mesquite and Huisache. He has a regular sized Takeuchi track steer too.

Fireant mounds still popping up like whack-a-moles, got son to spray them. Daughter did the weed eating. I bursted a steering hydraulic hose on the Steiner Beast. They are the most difficult to remove/replace on the whole machine. I guess I might as well replace both of them while I'm at it.

We get to do slides at church today.
Prayers for our team, and our country.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,912  
I have more trouble uploading photos than it should be IMO. I upload them once, Pick insert thumbnail, and it only shows "ATTACH........" and nobody can click on it. Then I upload it again, and it shows fullsize and thumbnail.....I guess I need to go to photo upload school...

/ Good morning!!!! #139,913  
Good morning all, sun is out and 50, big difference from the 80 yesterday and rain.
Got some brush taken out using the renegade hybrid blade, worked well.
Today making a picture wall frame to hold some pads running atmosFX for Halloween.

Went out this morning and found the 2nd of three trunk offshoots from the Ash I need to take down fell. Of course it's not the one that makes it lean in the wrong direction :-( , but was close to where I was walking through yesterday.
Probably 30 feet long, broke into a number of parts, thickest about 9".

Rich-can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn-shame for them, good luck getting him turned around.
Happy birthday Ellen (did I miss this yesterday :-( )
Wngsprd-grew up on LI- talk about traffic over the bridges, takes from 2-4hours to get to my brothers house based on anyone playing bumper cars, or the sun is out.
Happy birthday Buppies!!

RNG - rain and a nice looking finish on the tank!

Stay safe and be well,
🐶 🏠

They don't call them widowmakers for nuthing. Was walking through here yesterday before the wind picked up.
The maple in the background is a good 20" diameter.
BranchDown20211017_102444.jpg

Peddlars village Octoberfest , oompah band
pedlOctFest20211016_153735.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #139,914  
55F and partly cloudy @ 12:00, heading up to a high of 61F with sunny skies ... :)

Windy though, supposedly calling for winds out of the northwest @ 15 - 25 mph ... :(

The most recent round of rain that came through several days looks like it delivered 0.40". With the cooler temps the ground is not drying up as quickly as when it was warmer.

Made the run down to Menards yesterday after placing a last minute order (driveway markers which were on sale for about 25% of what they normally cost) Had to remove pallet of fertilizer/concrete/etc from van and then put it back in once I got back and unloaded.

Hit their garden center after I picked up and made a pretty decent score on perennial plants they had at drastic reductions ($1.50/each):

8 Salvia

6 Coral Bells (Heuchera)

5 Yarrow

1 Shasta Daisy

1 Unknown (think it might be a lily of some type of lily ... but further efforts to identify it will be necessary)

Used one of their rebate checks to pay for them and still had about half the balance left on that check.

All of them are small (1 quart containers) and in kinda rough shape (root bound, etc.) but I think with a little TLC they should make good additions:

IMG_1404 copy.jpg

Got some dishes done, and other clean up in the kitchen done as well.

Agenda for today:

Pick tomatoes that are ripe.

Check bird feeders (forgot to order suet on last Menards order and we're out ... :rolleyes:)

Move used fluids up to shop.

Cut some more rebar for plant stakes.

Get the rest of the Rose of Sharon planted (looks like there might be 6 - 8 of them)

See if I can locate the old mason's string line over in the barn that they used when they put up the pole barn so I can mark out the edges of the planting beds on either side of the frog pond.

Finish adding screened compost to the planting bed on the east side of frog pond, get it compacted and leveled out.

Fertilize lower front lawn (yeah ... because the grass isn't growing fast enough as it is ... :LOL:)

Rain chances low for the next four days so I think I will just let the leaves fall until Wednesday and then blow them off the lawn. Grass should be ready to cut again by then anyways.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,915  
45°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 72° today. Might be a good day for a short bike ride.

Speaking of bike rides, the youngest stepson and his girlfriend are taking a group motorcycle ride today, so The Wife is watching her 20-month-old girl. She's already a handful. Wife has her downstairs with her watching cartoon movies while she's running some baby quilts through the quilting machine. I've already lost count of how many times I've heard "No, no, no!" or "No, don't do that!" :LOL: Might be a long day here.

Sure hope that forecast holds up for you, RNG. You certainly could use some rain out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,916  
67°F and Only .41 inches rain, but still overcast

Pleased with the way the laminate is coming out. Thought I might finish yesterday but plain ran out of gas so I called it a day with 7 partial rows to complete. Finish that today and let it set a day or too before I foam and silicone the edges.

Likely watch a bit of football as still too wet to mow.

Youngest brother sent a text about his wife being in a WA hospital on Comfort care with COP. Been on ventilator since 9/20. Admitted 8/31 with COVID which she beat in 10 days and is infection free. Convinced the COP is a result of here cancer radiation treatments. Both unvaccinated because they heard some got vaccinated in FL got vaccinated and died from something. I didn’t realize COP and COPD were not same.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #139,917  
I have more trouble uploading photos than it should be IMO. I upload them once, Pick insert thumbnail, and it only shows "ATTACH........" and nobody can click on it. Then I upload it again, and it shows fullsize and thumbnail.....I guess I need to go to photo upload school...

Uploading is easy on the app, but even that wasn’t working right last night, so could be the site.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,918  
Our dogs are only allowed on 2 pieces of furniture. They have their own love seat in the living room. Of course it is the place new visitors likely sit, surprised they soon have a dog or two sitting next to them. They are also allowed on the bed. They usually swap places during the night and often are on their floor pillows. Sophie being so short there is always room at her feet. Makani has recently developed a liking to resting his head on my lower legs, sometimes right on my ankles. Can’t imagine that being comfortable.
Simba, the cat gets on any furniture he desires. Thankfully, he isn’t a counter or table surfer. He has his spot on the bed too, outside edge by Sophies shoulder.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,919  
Beautiful day but breezy. But the power is on.

Good worship, I was song leader. Did have a problem with OBS when streaming class, seems it lost it’s audio settings. Computer was in a weird state when I got there, so had to reboot it. Think it was because of Microsoft update gone wrong.

Went to our usual restaurant after service, owners wife was waiting tables as their waitress quit a couple days ago.

Then wife went to the orchard, what a zoo. But did get more cider.

Tonight we are having hot dog roast after evening service outside. We have 2 big tents set up on our grounds and a fire pit. No masks required here, we let people make their own decisions.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,920  
Got a text from some real estate dude asking if I wanted to sell. I replied for $6million it’s yours. Hope I didn’t go too low. Old friend of mine restored a T bird once. Someone asked if he’d sell, so he threw out what he thought was a high price, and the guy wrote him out a check.