bush hog recommendation

/ bush hog recommendation #21  
Mowers usually make a big jump in price from 6-ft to 7-ft. Or they did a few years ago when I was shopping. They also make a big jump from a single spindle to a double. For only eight acres with a 40 something horsepower tractor I would get a name brand 6-ft single spindle. Why spend the money on something larger to save a few minutes. Also I assume you will be mowing this yearly and so you don't need one of the super heavy duty mowers. Those are for clearing ground that hasn't been mowed in a few years. Usually wider and slower is better when bushhogging especially on rough ground but in this case, with only eight acres, cost would be a big factor to me.

/ bush hog recommendation #22  
Its a real big jump from a 7’ to an 8’ twin

/ bush hog recommendation #23  
Yes you can handle a single spindle 6" cutter very well as long as you keep sharp blades under it.

Not sure I understand this?

IF you are cutting pasture grasses more than once a year...sure sharpen them every once in awhile. But it really makes little difference. But sharp blades are the LAST thing you want if you are going to mow any saplings at all

/ bush hog recommendation #24  
Not sure I understand this?

IF you are cutting pasture grasses more than once a year...sure sharpen them every once in awhile. But it really makes little difference. But sharp blades are the LAST thing you want if you are going to mow any saplings at all
Yep, they will come right back. Dull blades kill brush better.

/ bush hog recommendation #26  
I would agree with the 6 feet recommendation. If you have many rocks do not get too light of deck or it will suffer. I was happier with my heavy duty unit than my light unit.

/ bush hog recommendation #27  
Did the OP give any indication that he would be mowing saplings??

/ bush hog recommendation #28  
I have a MX5200 and a 6' LandPride cutter. It works good in all conditions, but I wouldn't want more width in super heavy stuff. If it was all maintained cutting maybe 7' would be fine, but the 6' is a home run.