Purchased a mini instead of a UTV

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
Lots of new build here now but Spring City is good too if you like rural.
It's going to take some getting used to but I am up for the challenge. Spent my whole life basically in the city and have always wanted some land and be a bit away from stuff. Once the covid restrictions ended and traffic really shot up in the Cleveland/Chattanooga area we realized we were to close in and started looking further out. Still there were 2 properties in the area that I loved, one in Cleveland and one in Sale Creek. I lost both at the last minute, Cleveland failed inspection bad and I was outbid in Sale Creek by someone from California who never even saw the place.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #52  
Nice choice
I went with cj5 over the mini but they were both very close and the cj only won because the one I wanted came up at a good price along with the 3pt hitch.

I still got carry space and the amount I need to dump (along with the quality) really meant a dump trailer anyway unless I wanted to beat the living heck out of the bed

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #53  
I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with 5 speed manual club cab, bought it new and only 90000 miles, does great as a pasture hauler and farm store errand machine, v6 engine will also pull my 10 ft utility trailer around the pasture for chores. Every time I take it to town somebody wants to but it, body is in great shape, my mechanix says it easily has another 100k miles left in it, will likely out live me.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #54  
My samurai was $1000 with bad transmission bearing and ripped top.

It's done everything asked and the parts for the transmission and clutch came in under a $100...

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #55  
Super interested in a mini. My only issue is who can work on them if there is an issue? Or is that not a concern?

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #56  
Some of our grooming cronies use Japanese mini's and work on them themselves and order parts from Japan..... Doesn't sound all that good to me. :oops:

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
Super interested in a mini. My only issue is who can work on them if there is an issue? Or is that not a concern?
Mine doesn't look hard to work on. All the bolt on parts are have Toyota part numbers. I guess if I needed engine internal stuff it might get difficult. Also if I break any glass I would probably be in a bind.

So far it has been one of the most used pieces of equipment I have purchased. The dump bed is very nice and it fits in places other vehicles won't. I did high side it in a big rock once 😂 but it's so light I got it off pretty easily.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #58  
Glad to hear you like it!

I suppose it is like any other "gray market" piece of equipment - you take your changes and hope for the best when it needs repairs and parts.

Shipping cost of Toyota spare parts directly from Japan to a customer is likely pretty expensive, unlike the subsidized shipping from their big neighbor?

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #59  
Mine doesn't look hard to work on. All the bolt on parts are have Toyota part numbers. I guess if I needed engine internal stuff it might get difficult. Also if I break any glass I would probably be in a bind.

So far it has been one of the most used pieces of equipment I have purchased. The dump bed is very nice and it fits in places other vehicles won't. I did high side it in a big rock once 😂 but it's so light I got it off pretty easily.
I had a Honda mini truck. It was not difficult to work on. Mine needed lots of repairs. Most of the parts I had to order from Japan. Some were delivered within 48 hours from Japan to South Louisiana.

I did need a windshield. I tried all sorts of places around here, including having one made with plexiglass. I ended up getting one from Japan for about $400. It took about a month to be delivered because it was shipped to Los Angeles on a boat, then delivered to my local Greyhound bus terminal.

I was able to find a used radiator in Japan that was in good condition. No one here could rebuild the old one.

Not many of the Honda parts were available here. I did find break pads were the same as a Honda Civic.