Bolt Size Help

/ Bolt Size Help #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello, I am trying to find the correct size bolts to fit my M6060 I am attaching a picture I found showing the bolts holes I am looking for. I have tries several sizes both metric and SAE but to no avail. And I have looked at the diagrams at Messicks and they are not shown. Anybody Know what size these are metric standard fine thread pitch etc. I need bolts to fit up in the two holes in front of this bracket someone else built in the picture. Thanks

Attachments

• under m6060 bolts pic.jpg
    under m6060 bolts pic.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 1,021
   / Bolt Size Help #2  
Remove one bolt, take it to a good hardware store and find someone competent in the the nuts & bolts department who knows their business.

Alternative:
Buy a vernier caliper with metric and standard options, and metric & standard thread pitch measuring devices and measure yourself.

Cheers

Mechanic.jpg

/ Bolt Size Help #3  
Is that a homebrew skid plate? What hole are you trying to attach it too?

/ Bolt Size Help #4  
Do you have calipers and a thread pitch gauge?

Can you take a bolt out and take it somewhere like a NAPA.

Saying "metric standard fine thread" is a oxymoron. There is more than just coarse and fine thread with metric. Figure out the bolt diameter, and the thread pitch and you will have your answer

/ Bolt Size Help #5  
Remove one bolt, take it to a good hardware store and find someone competent in the the nuts & bolts department who knows their business.
Last time I shopped SAE bolts at Lowe's, they only carried COARSE threads!

/ Bolt Size Help #6  
I'd try the Kubota dealer...
I think we all know SAE and metric threads, but there's also a JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) thread. That might be why you can't find a bolt at the hardware store
Just something to consider...

/ Bolt Size Help #7  
Sorry, nothing against Lowe's or Home Depot etc. but they do not qualify as a "good hardware store".

Yest they do have nuts & bolts but if he is looking for someone competent who can help him.....

Oh well, never mind.

/ Bolt Size Help #8  
I'd try the Kubota dealer...
I think we all know SAE and metric threads, but there's also a JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) thread. That might be why you can't find a bolt at the hardware store
Just something to consider...
I could be wrong but I though JIS was for hydraulics and pipes and such. Not really anything pertaining to nuts and bolt threads.

Maybe there is? but I'd be 99.99999% sure its just a metric bolt

EDITING TO ADD THIS TO POST:

I MEAN TO SAY JIS IN THIS POST. YES, THERE ARE JIS THREADS FOR HYDRAULICS THAT ARE SIMILAR TO JIC BUT WITH A 30 DEGREE SEAT AND BSPP THREADS

Last edited:
   / Bolt Size Help #10  
Hello, I am trying to find the correct size bolts to fit my M6060 I am attaching a picture I found showing the bolts holes I am looking for. I have tries several sizes both metric and SAE but to no avail. And I have looked at the diagrams at Messicks and they are not shown. Anybody Know what size these are metric standard fine thread pitch etc. I need bolts to fit up in the two holes in front of this bracket someone else built in the picture. Thanks

You are talking about the two open, empty holes in front of the orange bracket, right?

Are you sure they're even threaded? Why do you need bolts for those holes if there's nothing bolted on there?