Snow boots

/ Snow boots #41  
You buy $260 boots you might just as well buy $18 socks to go in 'em I suppose. Boots and couple pair make for a nice round $300.

Can't afford this horse. It costs too much to shoe.
In my Baffins, I could well go sockless actually - that said, I luv my JB Fields Merino Artic socks for the work boot!!

/ Snow boots #42  
I wear wool socks year round. With cotton, my feet are soaked within 5 minutes.

/ Snow boots #44  

This is the best for the money I have found . I buy them one size bigger so I can add my good socks . There plenty warm and easy walking and moving around . My last pair lasted me 9 years . Make sure you oil up the leather about 6 times and they will last . They do have some bulk to them but you get use to it very Quickly.

/ Snow boots #45  
I played this game for a few years. Trying to find a combination of boots, coveralls, gloves and hats to keep my warm while cleaning snow in my open cab tractor. I finally spent the $$$ to get an aftermarket cab.
On a sunny day there is no need for hat, gloves or big heavy boots. Wish I had done it sooner. Now even the wife will go out and move the snow as she likes playing with the tractor but she hates freezing.

/ Snow boots #46  
Our winters are hit or miss here. But when its really nasty and I have to go out in it, I have a pair of Sorells with the felt inserts. Also wear a heavy Carhartt pair of overalls and a sweat shirt with a polar Carhartt jacket... Never been cold with that combo. I also have a electric heated Harley Davidson jacket ( I use on my HD ) ..I imagine that would be fine to use as a under coat with something over it. It actually gets too warm on the bike at 45*..Sub 10* may be a different story.

/ Snow boots #47  
Baffin Titan is a great snow boot.I have tried a few and baffins are hands down the winner for me.

/ Snow boots
well i bought some baffin eiger boots. they showed up yesterday, and they were waaaay too (%#&)*^% small! i had read all the advice about ordering them a size larger, so i did. i normally wear a 10, so i bought 11s. i need frickin 13s! i reordered, and returned the too small ones (waiting for UPS). i'll give a review later this season if anyone's interested.

n

/ Snow boots #49  
well i bought some baffin eiger boots. they showed up yesterday, and they were waaaay too (%#&)*^% small! i had read all the advice about ordering them a size larger, so i did. i normally wear a 10, so i bought 11s. i need frickin 13s! i reordered, and returned the too small ones (waiting for UPS). i'll give a review later this season if anyone's interested.

n
I did not experience that with the constructor style - sizing was bang on - certainly aggravating, had just the opposite with socks from GCS (but easily fixed)

/ Snow boots #50