TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,082  
But here in MN, they count both sides. When in MN, do as the MNs do. ;)

Just curious....so on the left coast, what would it be a 3 pointer or a 4 pointer or perhaps a 3.5 pointer? Are the atypicals only counted on one side?
That's not a game animal on the West Coast. This is. In conversation, it would be a six pointer with a broken tine on the right, overall a nice rack on a young fellow. elk.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,083  
Two archery 8-pointers not for here, but WAS got a 6-point with his ... Axis .350 Legend. Deer dropped in it's tracks, there won't be a whole neck to roast. He's stoked on the accuracy with Win 150g tipped ammo and asked for more. I'm down to one bx of 150s & would rather send him some 180s. I have a lot more of 'em.

"Whadda we got so far ..?"

I had to send my bother a couple boxes of 180 gr 3006's as he could not find any.. without taking out a loan for them!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,084  
That's not a game animal on the West Coast. This is. In conversation, it would be a six pointer with a broken tine on the right, overall a nice rack on a young fellow.

I follow the gunwriters' convention of describing such an elk as 6x6. Don't think I'd call a '6x7' a 7-point or call a '6x5' a six-point.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,085  
In AZ you also only counted one side of the rack.

None of this "cheating" stuff.

😁

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,087  
I never knew the west coast people couldn't count both sides of a rack. Wonder how that started, since points are points?
David from jax
Maybe they cant count that high out there?? :LOL:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,088  
I believe at one time it was to differate between whitetail and mule deer.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,089  
In Florida, per hunting regs, it talks about 3 points on a side; so that means a 5 point is legal or a 6 point; but when someone says a 6 point, they mean 3x3; a 3x4 we would call a 7 point, ect.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,090  
Out here in Orygone, this is a 4X5 w eye guards.

IMG_1220.jpg