why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #52  
What my wife's Suburban LTZ gets and it's actually comfortable. I had one CJ 7 years ago. Never again. Handle terrible on the Interstate, fuel mileage sucks and ride like a buckboard.

When gas hit's 4 bucks a gallon, you'll really appreciate that sardine box.

The new Jeep pickup is fugly too. Guy down the road (Jeep employee) has one. Totally worthless toy.

I think it's an 'image' thing like the pickups with 4 doors and the short beds that are worthless for anything but groceries. Soccer mom special.

Living 15 miles north of Jeep in Toledo, I see them all the time and I see them for sale used all the time too. I'd say 90% of them, the only 'off road' they ever see is a drive across the lawn.
Thanks man. Those are some really nice things you have to say there. :rolleyes:

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #53  
I’d love to have a new Jeep, the old fashioned 2 door one, I’ll park it next to my new Hellcat, of course I’ll need a new building to store them in. Haydude had been to Moab shortly before me, there are more Jeep’s in Moab than people.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #54  
What my wife's Suburban LTZ gets and it's actually comfortable. I had one CJ 7 years ago. Never again. Handle terrible on the Interstate, fuel mileage sucks and ride like a buckboard.

When gas hit's 4 bucks a gallon, you'll really appreciate that sardine box.

The new Jeep pickup is fugly too. Guy down the road (Jeep employee) has one. Totally worthless toy.

I think it's an 'image' thing like the pickups with 4 doors and the short beds that are worthless for anything but groceries. Soccer mom special.

Living 15 miles north of Jeep in Toledo, I see them all the time and I see them for sale used all the time too. I'd say 90% of them, the only 'off road' they ever see is a drive across the lawn.
In the west we actually drive Jeeps and trucks off road.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #55  
In the west we actually drive Jeeps and trucks off road.
I'm sure you do. Around here that is a limited option. Kind of like snowmobiles. You can ride them around here at your own risk but to ride groomed trails you have to drive (with them on a trailer) at least 300 miles. The main reason why I sold the 2 sleds I had. My off roading in my 4x4 pickup mainly consists of driving up to our northern Michigan property and getting the truck camper down the seasonal road and fording 2 creeks. That and hauling the fuel tank out in a field when I need to fuel a tractor and that is usually my wife driving because I'm in the tractor.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #56  
Thanks man. Those are some really nice things you have to say there. :rolleyes:
You seem to have quite an abundance of expensive toys so it shouldn't matter to you one way or another. Just relating my opinion of them and how I feel about them.

Of course your mileage may vary from mine and I'm all good with it. I'm not making the note every month.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #57  
Overall I've been satisfied with the Jeeps I have owned over the years.
Never owned an MB but did have a CJ-5 and a 7, then a Wrangler or two.
When my kids were starting out driving I kept a flock of Cherokees, that inline 6
worked good and it keep the filter and parts inventory simple also. (I have 5 daughters)
With a driveway and the road getting to the driveway requiring 4wd they where good vehicles.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #58  
I also had a CJ-7 Golden Eagle with a 304 V8 back in the 80’s. That thing would leave a strip of rubber 100’ long easily. It’s rusted, but mechanically it was tough.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #59  
Just read that regular unleaded is 5 bucks in Kalifornia and we all know that will spread eastward.

I'm dreading it, even if my buggy gets 40 mpg.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #60  
Maybe just another fad. :oops: