Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #21  
That has not been my experience. And I’m talking resale value. Check out the value of trucks with 200k miles; both diesel and gasser. What I stated is correct.

Yes the diesel resale value is higher but you don’t see gas trucks with 200k being hauled for scrap either

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500
Curiously, how customizable is a vehicle you order vs picking one from the lot? Is it just what color and options package or can you mix and match and actually get it configured the way you want it?
It was very customizable. But the “build your truck” website was not easy to navigate. I spent several hours looking at different packages to be sure I got all the options I wanted. For instance, rain sensitive wipers is available in several different packages. And there are no trucks on the lot to choose from, so ordering is almost the only option
Here is a link to the build website. I was able to save my configuration and email it to the sales manager. Build & Price a 2022 Ram 2500 | Ram

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #23  
And the tires don't need all the sun they get in some of the storage lots.

Has anyone read of how quickly that stock build up is cycling?
I've been saving my $$ and a newish truck might be a place to dump them.
Problem is, you'll pay sticker. No deals to be had and far as I'm concerned, no vehiclle that depreciates is worth more than the farm is.

I buy all my vehicles off lease and always have. I let the original buyer / leassor take the depreciation hit. Bought a 2 year old Suburban LTZ, loaded with every option for about half of sticker. with less than 25K on it. Stickered for 75 and I paid 30 and it was 100% mint. Never even used the fold down 3 row seating. Paid cash too. I don't do finance unless it's zero percent (like Kubota has). Speaking of that I bought a new 2021 Kubota bailer, loaded. Stickered for 45. Dealer sold it to me for 40, Kubota gave me a 5 grand ag discount and with me trading in my 12 year old New Holland well cared for 450, the new one cost me 10 grand and I financed the balance at 0 percent. Was a no brainer and it makes me money, not cost me money.

A new fully loaded King Ranch is 80. I bet I can buy a 2 year old off lease one for about half that.

If I was to pay 80, would be for something that made money for me like a new tractor, not something that depreciates when you drive it off the lot.

No problem with you doing it, I won't.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #24  
Bought Ram 3500 SRW Laramie Cummins new Nov/2011 $49k out the door

Sold last week with 226,000 miles, pretty clean all around. $24,500 cash.

Not too shabby, 50% 10 years later.
No major repairs, general maintenance, 1 alternator, 2 water pumps.

New 3500 SRW Limited… over $90k… not as thrilled with that.

Problem is, you'll pay sticker. No deals to be had and far as I'm concerned, no vehiclle that depreciates is worth more than the farm is.

I buy all my vehicles off lease and always have. I let the original buyer / leassor take the depreciation hit. Bought a 2 year old Suburban LTZ, loaded with every option for about half of sticker. with less than 25K on it. Stickered for 75 and I paid 30 and it was 100% mint. Never even used the fold down 3 row seating. Paid cash too. I don't do finance unless it's zero percent (like Kubota has). Speaking of that I bought a new 2021 Kubota bailer, loaded. Stickered for 45. Dealer sold it to me for 40, Kubota gave me a 5 grand ag discount and with me trading in my 12 year old New Holland well cared for 450, the new one cost me 10 grand and I financed the balance at 0 percent. Was a no brainer and it makes me money, not cost me money.

A new fully loaded King Ranch is 80. I bet I can buy a 2 year old off lease one for about half that.

If I was to pay 80, would be for something that made money for me like a new tractor, not something that depreciates when you drive it off the lot.

That used to be the case, but today used trucks are selling for more than they did new. I did price a few used trucks.
The problem is that there are very few new trucks available on the lot. So, either you order one and wait 3-4 months to get it, or, if you need a truck now, you pay stupid prices for a used one. Maybe in the future, trucks will depreciate quickly, like they did in past years.
The 2019 Tradesman I have now has a KBB value of about $43,000. I paid $36,000 for it 2 years ago new. It has 40,000 miles on it now.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #26  

I guess it depends on what part of the country you’re in. In the west, leasing is unpopular because you get hit with excess mileage charges, and everyone has excess mileage due to the distances we drive. So leased vehicles, especially trucks are uncommon here.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #28  
That used to be the case, but today used trucks are selling for more than they did new. I did price a few used trucks.
The problem is that there are very few new trucks available on the lot. So, either you order one and wait 3-4 months to get it, or, if you need a truck now, you pay stupid prices for a used one. Maybe in the future, trucks will depreciate quickly, like they did in past years.
The 2019 Tradesman I have now has a KBB value of about $43,000. I paid $36,000 for it 2 years ago new. It has 40,000 miles on it now.
Heck, my 97 Ford F350 diesel is booking at 26 grand in excellent condition and mine is. never seen snow up here in Michigan. Sleeps all winter in a heated garage. Only paid 32 for it new in 97. Couple more years and it will be worth more than I paid for it. It's the last year Fords made the OBS trucks and it's a 4x4, 4 door, long bed. XLT. Even has the Alcoa polished aluminum wheels. Not for sale, never will be except in my estate. Last truck I'll ever buy.

New vehicles are stupid priced today and the economy is on a cliff right now. if it slides, anyone with a huge payment is screwed. Don't plan on being a screwee.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #29  

A Tractor deprecates when you drive it off the lot. All farm equipment does.

Not here, just the opposite is the norm.
Where are you located? I would gladly drive 1000 miles or more to get the truck I want for $20,000 less than the new one I just ordered.