Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #31  
Where are you located? I would gladly drive 1000 miles or more to get the truck I want for $20,000 less than the new one I just ordered.
I think he’s referring to leased vehicles. He thinks a lot of vehicles get leased in his area, I think.

It’s definitely a challenge to buy new vehicles. Low inventory, shortages and high demand.
My local large volume Ram dealer is getting $70,000 for 1-2 year old trucks. They call previous customers and offer top dollar for your trucks, too.

Last edited:
   / Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #32  
I think he’s referring to leased vehicles. He thinks a lot of vehicles get leased in his area, I think.

It’s definitely a challenge to buy new vehicles. Low inventory, shortages and high demand.
My local large volume Ram dealer is getting $70,000 for 1-2 year old trucks. They call previous customers and offer top dollar for your trucks, too.
I think that he hasn’t bought a vehicle in awhile.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #33  
Where are you located? I would gladly drive 1000 miles or more to get the truck I want for $20,000 less than the new one I just ordered.
Don't was your time used truck/car prices are high as H-LL here in michigan that is also where 5030 is from.He must be living in a time warp bubble. :poop: Enjoy your new truck..(y)

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #34  
Micron company in Manassas Va. makes chips for all of the big three, they have been building another huge building to support this effort and this has put them way behind on production. I would think by now they should be all tooled up and ready for production. Good luck with the new Ram

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #36  
It seems a bit early (3 months out) to be assigning a vin number already. :unsure:

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #37  
My 2019 2500 Denali Diesel KBB/NADA's for around $62k. Exactly what I paid for it in mid 2019. Stickered for around $73k and bought it for $62. Those days are over for quite a while I think.

My buddies tell me they'd sell it--My response is "and replace it with what?"

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #38  
No. Funny thing, Dodge doesn't make
No. Funny thing, Dodge doesn't make
I'm a Ford person but you couldn't run fast enough to give me a Ford diesel. Day before yesterday, guy I work with got that call on his Duramax that it's gonna be 12,000 bucks to fix. Just over 100 k miles. That's the third Duramax that I know personally. Meanwhile another guy I work with has dodges, and they still going. So if it's a diesel, I'm getting Dodge. Or an old 7.3 powerstroke.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #39  
I'm a Ford person but you couldn't run fast enough to give me a Ford diesel. Day before yesterday, guy I work with got that call on his Duramax that it's gonna be 12,000 bucks to fix. Just over 100 k miles. That's the third Duramax that I know personally. Meanwhile another guy I work with has dodges, and they still going. So if it's a diesel, I'm getting Dodge. Or an old 7.3 powerstroke.
....but Dodge (stellantis) diesels have the same Bosch CP4 injector pump problem and are recalling 240k vehicles.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ickup-recall-stellantis-fuel-pump/8646938002/

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #40  
A Tractor deprecates when you drive it off the lot. All farm equipment does.
However, they produce income. A car or truck not used for business don't produce squat except a fat payment book and finance charges. Of course everything depreciates, way it is but if you can offset it, all good. If you cannot, all bad.

Now in the case of pre 4 tractors, they are appreciating, not depreciating. You and I both know that.

real simple.