RTV ROPS - beware

/ RTV ROPS - beware #13  
Looks like it did more than just roll over. That looks like it was barrel rolled a few times.

/ RTV ROPS - beware
It was going less than five mph. It didn’t hit anything but did roll down a hill. It landed right side up and we drove it approx four miles back to the trailer.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #15  
Kubota doesn't seem to say anywhere that it's a ROPS so it's probably just something to hold a canopy up and mount lights on. And the tires are called "tweels".

/ RTV ROPS - beware #16  
Kubota doesn't seem to say anywhere that it's a ROPS so it's probably just something to hold a canopy up and mount lights on. And the tires are called "tweels".
The parts catalog calls the structure a ROPS.

Attachments

• C50D0C98-2D96-4B9B-990F-A4D4F9BAD740.png
    C50D0C98-2D96-4B9B-990F-A4D4F9BAD740.png
    4 MB · Views: 127
   / RTV ROPS - beware #17  
If that's really intended as roll over protection and not just a roof/canopy support, 'Bota corporate needs to examine it and see why it failed.

They are not, really just a place to attach a roof.

I have seen Kawasaki‘s fold up like that too. The wall thickness on the tubing is closer to exhaust tubing than what is used for roll cages, made from DOM mild steel.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #18  
I would suspect, that no ROPS is going to fair any better with multiple rolls going down hill.

So, how many times did it actually roll?

/ RTV ROPS - beware #19  
It is most definitely considered to be a ROPS, with stickers all over identifying it as such. And it's also an anchor for the seat belts. If there were no modifications/drilling/etc then Kubota definitely needs to look at this. If there were modifications/drilling then it gets into a gray area but still should be examined.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #20  
The parts catalog calls the structure a ROPS.
Right you are, I stand corrected. I guess I either don't know what a ROPS is supposed to actually do or Kubota's is terrible.