Simple CAD software for barns and sheds?

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #31  
i know a lot of people will disagree, but if you remove the computer from the internet there is no concern on running an older os. I still have xp for some software. the software doesn't simply shut off.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #33  
There have been many programs in the past that were accessible to NON industry clients. I am really glad to see so many people have used AutoCad Light and SolidWorks. In the past there were AutoCad 98, Autocad 2000, Autocad 2001 and Lte that actually was offered free with other programs. After that ended, Draftsight offered free editions that were very similar to Autocad in commands. But that ended about 2 or 3 years ago. Seems now all quality CAD software is pretty much expensive.
Seems the Windows edition of Draftsight is now a 30 trial and requires an SN to use. Or, like Autodesk, buy the annual payment.

Not familiar whe Turbo Cad, but i will look at it. May be good.

I loved the use of Autocad for many years. I miss it. I hope you find software that helps you. Nothing better than starting a building with every 2x4 and part shown with dimensions.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #34  
Try Fusion 360 a personal license is free to use and it works on Mac pretty well
Thank you, down loaded it and drafting up a shed already.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #35  
Thank you, down loaded it and drafting up a shed already.

Some cool features like being able to import direct from McMaster Carr and a few things like that really make it a handy little program.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #36  
I bought a property and I am planning to built on barn on it in 4 years or so ... everybody kept asking my how big, I had no idea so I drafted it up to see and that's what I came up with...

1642329541118.png
1642329747287.png

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #38  
I used to teach CAD using microstation. I designed my house with it. It ran on windows 95 or ME. I keep wanting to run a VM and see if it will install but haven’t.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #39  
There have been many programs in the past that were accessible to NON industry clients. I am really glad to see so many people have used AutoCad Light and SolidWorks. In the past there were AutoCad 98, Autocad 2000, Autocad 2001 and Lte that actually was offered free with other programs. After that ended, Draftsight offered free editions that were very similar to Autocad in commands. But that ended about 2 or 3 years ago. Seems now all quality CAD software is pretty much expensive.
Seems the Windows edition of Draftsight is now a 30 trial and requires an SN to use. Or, like Autodesk, buy the annual payment.

Not familiar whe Turbo Cad, but i will look at it. May be good.

I loved the use of Autocad for many years. I miss it. I hope you find software that helps you. Nothing better than starting a building with every 2x4 and part shown with dimensions.

I have TurboCad 12 for Mac- pretty happy with it although I don’t push its capabilities very hard. One thing that has been frustrating is that when Apple makes a major OS upgrade ( like going to Big Sur)-the previous version of TC wouldn’t work and there was no ‘upgrade’ path-had to buy a new version (12) albeit at a reduced cost- probably no different than the Windows version I suspect. Other issue is that there are (in my opinion) more features in the Windows version ( most of which I did not care about).

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #40  
I have TurboCad 12 for Mac- pretty happy with it although I don’t push its capabilities very hard. One thing that has been frustrating is that when Apple makes a major OS upgrade ( like going to Big Sur)-the previous version of TC wouldn’t work and there was no ‘upgrade’ path-had to buy a new version (12) albeit at a reduced cost- probably no different than the Windows version I suspect. Other issue is that there are (in my opinion) more features in the Windows version ( most of which I did not care about).

Why not run boot camp version of Windows to run some of those programs then?