Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #11  
I have a single set one myself…..use it every day.
Same here.
1643252569316.jpeg

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #12  
CF-Moto

I understand this is not one of the big 5 but for the money you get a ton more. They have some good components in there drivetrain Like CV- tech clutches . They are highly regarded in the Snowmobile world . If you add up everything you get with CF Moto you can't go wrong . Now if your willing to spend 20K Then get the Honda first for there direct drive ( no belts ) or a Yamaha . One other Awesome buy is the Kawasaki Teryx ! It's built like a tank and has the best warranty of big 5.

Yep, I was looking at one of those too, the 50 inch wide sport model, to replace my two Polaris atv's just to have something faster than my RTV1100 for when I have to ride with my friends.

Like you say, CV-Tech clutches and the engines are made in the KTM factory. And for way less dollars than the competition they come standard with LED headlights and tail lights, horn, turn signals, roof, rear view mirrors, winch and doors.
Only complaints I have read about them are:
1. the seats get hot (no different than EVERY RZR oven I've been in)
2. the shock springs have bad powdercoat, so they get rusty looking
3. they say the air filters suck, so put a K&N in it.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #13  
I'm looking at possibly purchasing a UTV in the next 6 months for light recreation, plowing (1/2 mile driveway...straight and quite flat), and light utility work. I own 25 acres surrounded by my father's 220. I know many don't recommend plowing with a UTV, but I have access to my dad's JD990 and his F250 with a plow if we get big snows (which are rare in PA). I don't like relying on others, and after living here for two years, it's time to get something for me to have to not only run around the property with, but to be able to do work with (again..light work).

I hate that UTVs all seem to be approaching the $20K+ mark once you start adding cabs (which I think I want with the snow work/winter driving). My dad has a mid size Ranger 570, and it's loud and slow. I don't need speed, but I also want something somewhat dependable. I know Polaris gets a lot of mixed reviews. I've really been leaning toward the Mule Pro line (mainly the MX series for the affordability and the ability to add a factory soft cab/heater at a reasonable price. I also really like the Can Am Defenders, but they get a bit pricey as do the Northstar Rangers.

I'm drawn a bit to Kubota as well given the fact that I feel like they way handle the work end of things better and with more long term reliability while sacrificing some of performance aspects some of the other brands have. I could probably get a new RTV 520 with cab, plow, etc., for well under $20k, but then again, I'm worried that might be a bit on the small side for the tasks I have. My driveway is straight and only has one little gradual incline before our house, but riding around on the rest of the property, we have some sections with some decent incline where engine breaking might be helpful as would wheelbase.

Anyways, suggestions from those with experience with any/all brands. I would love to hear it.

Thanks!
We have a Kawasaki mule pro mx. It’s a very nice machine that we use primarily for chores around the place.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #14  
View attachment 731093
5F1D3DCF-EBAC-4A38-BE74-298FFB783059.jpeg

Tiny Truck

I use a couple of different UTV/ATVs at work. I would take a Japanese MiniTruck with a dump bed over any of them any day for just putting around the place. it won‘t do as well on trails, but it is a lot nicer for plowing snow, making dump runs, moving rocks and dirt, etc. Heated and air conditioned cab, real doors and windows that close draft tight, and windshield wipers.

I’ve plowed snow a subzero temps on a Kawasaki Mule. Cold and miserable with two pair of Carhartt overalls and a heavy coat. Tiny truck, comfort table in shirt sleeves.

If your mechanically inclined and do your own work on things they make sense. Finding shops willing to work on them is kind of hard. But, the shop in town that sells Cycles, Sleds and Saws, said he’d give it a go if I need him to. And teh local suspension shop set the alignment up. The son who is buying out his folks, didn’t think he could do it, because it wasn’t ion their laser systems catalog. His dad went up int he loft, and got out the old turntables, and caster/camber gauges, and taught the son and other three guys in their 30s and 40s, how it is done with out the computer.

All in with the plow, lift kit, three sets of tires and wheels, custom bumpers front and rear, new upholstery, and a 4500-lb winch, I’m at about $13,000.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #15  
On the CF Moto , Pay particular attention to the driveshaft universl joints. On farm work they were found to be weak, and got a bad name. This was about 5 years ago and earlier. My sister was 1 who found out by experiance.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #16  
I'm looking at possibly purchasing a UTV in the next 6 months for light recreation, plowing (1/2 mile driveway...straight and quite flat), and light utility work. I own 25 acres surrounded by my father's 220. I know many don't recommend plowing with a UTV, but I have access to my dad's JD990 and his F250 with a plow if we get big snows (which are rare in PA). I don't like relying on others, and after living here for two years, it's time to get something for me to have to not only run around the property with, but to be able to do work with (again..light work).

I hate that UTVs all seem to be approaching the $20K+ mark once you start adding cabs (which I think I want with the snow work/winter driving). My dad has a mid size Ranger 570, and it's loud and slow. I don't need speed, but I also want something somewhat dependable. I know Polaris gets a lot of mixed reviews. I've really been leaning toward the Mule Pro line (mainly the MX series for the affordability and the ability to add a factory soft cab/heater at a reasonable price. I also really like the Can Am Defenders, but they get a bit pricey as do the Northstar Rangers.

I'm drawn a bit to Kubota as well given the fact that I feel like they way handle the work end of things better and with more long term reliability while sacrificing some of performance aspects some of the other brands have. I could probably get a new RTV 520 with cab, plow, etc., for well under $20k, but then again, I'm worried that might be a bit on the small side for the tasks I have. My driveway is straight and only has one little gradual incline before our house, but riding around on the rest of the property, we have some sections with some decent incline where engine breaking might be helpful as would wheelbase.

Anyways, suggestions from those with experience with any/all brands. I would love to hear it.

Thanks!
The RTV-XG850 Sidekick will give you the zoom-zoom you want but it's still expensive. You trade utility for a twitchy throttle, takes time to get used to it. I have no regrets so far.

I was looking for a Mule last spring but there were none to be had. Thats the general story on UTV's these days. Used are selling for new prices.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #17  
Good luck finding anything to buy right now. If you can find a 700 to 1000 machine with a top for less than $20K in any brand you should buy it. I paid $15K for my Polaris XP new in 2007. It does have the complete enclosed hard top and doors. Freedom top. I love my Polaris. It is lightning fast.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #18  
On the CF Moto , Pay particular attention to the driveshaft universl joints. On farm work they were found to be weak, and got a bad name. This was about 5 years ago and earlier. My sister was 1 who found out by experiance.
CF Moto are good for breaking and cheap when 1st purchased.....

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #19  
CF Moto are good for breaking and cheap when 1st purchased.....
Hmmmm.......maybe I'll just buy a Sidekick to go along with my RGV-X1100C. Kubota hasn't let me down yet.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV.
Thanks, everyone. Availability is definitely going to be limited, so that's why I'm starting to research now.