Disable tractor seat shut-off?

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #11  
Funny, I was talking to my cousin who has a 2510 (?) Kioti, and doesn't even have a seat safety.
My late 2019 LS doesn't have a seat switch. The plug is there, just no switch. Discussing it wth the dealer, he explained that they are only present on the HST version, not on the shuttle shifts.

But.... there is a switch on the clutch, brakes, and shuttle lever. In order to start, both pedals (C&B) have to be pressed and the shuttle lever in neutral. The trans could be in gear but as long as the shuttle is neutral, good to start.
Also, if the PTO is on, she won't start. Those switches I wouldn't mess with.

Disabling the seat switch shouldn't be a big deal.... as long as you train yourself to "put it in neutral and set the brake". After you do it a while it will become "muscle memory" and you will do it without even thinking about it.

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #12  
Kubota makes it easy. Just unplug the bullet connectors at the switch and plug them together to disable. I was going to put a toggle switch on the dash, but then wondered when and why would I want the seat switch to be active? Well....probably never.....

I've already got the upgraded canopy for meteorite protection, and of course we drag ten feet of chain for lightning. I probably should also get the optional water wings for floods, backups for the backup lighting and alarm, and the "slap-your-hand +siren" that goes off if the owner tries to do routine maintenance without dealer consent.

Next on the list will be the new Safety Mower Blades. They don't cut the grass, they pluck it.
rScotty

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #14  
Ever see someone that brush hogged themselves? Or got caught in a pto shaft? I have.

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #16  
the only time it's been an issue for me is when I'm using forks and need to stand up to see the ends. I plan to use a toggle on the dash to disable it with a red aircraft cover for visibility.
61ohOWCl5PL._SL1300_.jpg

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #17  
Ever see someone that brush hogged themselves? Or got caught in a pto shaft? I have.
So because someone somewhere had a brain fart and screwed up all the rest of us have to suffer? What's next - a breathalyzer on each tractor that won't allow it to be started if I've had a beer?
One of the first things I did to my Kubota was disable the seat switch. Been running tractors for 67 years now without injury...I think I'll make it OK in the time I have left on this earth.

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #18  
Yes I've done a search and seen some ideas, but would like up-to-date input....

My new tractor is wonderful, but the only big PITA is having it shut off every time I need to jump out and grab or move something.

I understand the inherent dangers of rolling over/falling out etc, but that would be unlikely on my flat acreage.

I just jumpered my riding tractor a while back with no issues, should I do the same on my new Kioti? Thoughts?
If you engage the parking brake before you leave the seat, the engine will keep running.

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #19  
Maybe it has something to do with the size of the tractor. I engage my Wally chipper and stand up. A buzzer will buzz for about eight seconds and then quit. Nothing is shut down or turned off. It's the EXACT way it should be. An eight second warning and then it's done. I never use the parking brake. Too easy to forget.

The buzzer only happens when the PTO is engaged. Otherwise - leave the tractor running while I dismount to open a gate, etc, etc. Everything remains running.

/ Disable tractor seat shut-off? #20  
I'll try the neutral/brake thing first (thought I did but maybe not)
If you have a HST, you just need to set parking brake. No need to shift range selector to neutral. At least that’s how my tractor works.