2310 Oil filter cross reference

/ 2310 Oil filter cross reference #1  

Menagerie-Manor

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2310D John Deere LX172 Woodland Mills HM126
Does anyone know the equivalent napa or any over the counter oil filters for the 2310. Came up with one part # using the YM276 for reference.

I'm coming up with a NAPA 1568.

Last edited:
   / 2310 Oil filter cross reference #2  
Does anyone know the equivalent napa or any over the counter oil filters for the 2310. Came up with one part # using the YM276 for reference.

Here's an old thread that covers this extensively. In summary the Subaru / Honda filter from the 80's - in its many variants for length etc - is what Yanmar used.

/ 2310 Oil filter cross reference #3  

I tend to take the cross reference and enter it into RockAuto.com Part Number Search. When those come up, I hit the [info] icon. Now it will tell all the details of that filter.

Wix and Pro-Tech filters will restrict the flow too much for Ag tractors. You need a filter that will not go below 22-microns. The tallest filter that can fit is even better. More surface area for continued flow.

I keyed in your NAPA 1568 that is really a WIX/CarQuest brand filter.

Your filter is 21-micron. A tad too restrictive.

So, take the p/n to this site and get more filters like it.

It does show both John Deere and Yanmar filters.
On the page is Purolator. A brand that makes filters for Ag.
Purolator L24458

So I took that L24458 back to Rockauto.com for a second look at the specs.

This WIX showed up being a bit taller to help overcome the restrictive 21 microns.

Now, can that filter height fit your tractor?

Why go taller for a filter? Well, when it fills up, the filter can keep doing it's job due to more surface area available vs. a short and stubby filter.

/ 2310 Oil filter cross reference
I tend to take the cross reference and enter it into RockAuto.com Part Number Search. When those come up, I hit the [info] icon. Now it will tell all the details of that filter.

Wix and Pro-Tech filters will restrict the flow too much for Ag tractors. You need a filter that will not go below 22-microns. The tallest filter that can fit is even better. More surface area for continued flow.

I keyed in your NAPA 1568 that is really a WIX/CarQuest brand filter.

Your filter is 21-micron. A tad too restrictive.

So, take the p/n to this site and get more filters like it.

It does show both John Deere and Yanmar filters.
On the page is Purolator. A brand that makes filters for Ag.
Purolator L24458

So I took that L24458 back to Rockauto.com for a second look at the specs.

This WIX showed up being a bit taller to help overcome the restrictive 21 microns.

Now, can that filter height fit your tractor?

Why go taller for a filter? Well, when it fills up, the filter can keep doing it's job due to more surface area available vs. a short and stubby filter.
Ok a lot of good info here, gonna keep me busy tonight.

/ 2310 Oil filter cross reference #5  
Ok a lot of good info here, gonna keep me busy tonight.

And do verify the diameter of the filter too. On YM2500, Ym2610 & YM2620, being slightly too big in diameter, the filter will not fit due to some engine sensor sitting close by.

And do verify the diameter of the filter too. On YM2500, Ym2610 & YM2620, being slightly too big in diameter, the filter will not fit due to some engine sensor sitting close by.
I read that in your other post, gonna measure things out in the am.

/ 2310 Oil filter cross reference #7  
Been awhile but this came up before. 2310 I'm coming up with 1.4L 3 Cyl. eng. Tractor Data. Chk. the Fram. 3593A which Ca. Unconfirmed YM 2610 Fram 5046 and I show it to be 3593A also.

Last edited:
I was able to cross reference the Purolator L24458 into a Napa Gold (Wix) 1344 available locally that will fit, and although it's still the 21 microns bit does have the extra length.

Local Napa goes out of their way and offers tractor necessities so I want to support them plus they stock Rotella Diesel oils

/ 2310 Oil filter cross reference #9  
Personal opinion - These Yanmar engines under 1.5 L have oil systems nearly the same as the Japanese cars of that era. Yanmar didn't invent something new and different! So a filter suitable for those cars is a reasonable match to what we need.

Things to consider.
* Dimensions - so the filter doesn't hit the oil pressure sender, or the tie-rod at maximum turn AND axle tilt. (My YM186D add-on power steering has dented the filter a couple of times).

* Thread and mount-surface dimensions.

* Reputation of the filter company.

Less important.
* Drainback valve. Assuming you crank up some oil pressure with the compression release before starting, this isn't a factor.

* Bypass pressure. Change the oil before the filter is so clogged that it bypasses!

* Micron rating? Seems to me anything real close to Yanmar's spec should work fine.

So there are numerous filters in those cross reference lists that should work fine. Just watch the dimensions.

Personal opinion - These Yanmar engines under 1.5 L have oil systems nearly the same as the Japanese cars of that era. Yanmar didn't invent something new and different! So a filter suitable for those cars is a reasonable match to what we need.

Things to consider.
* Dimensions - so the filter doesn't hit the oil pressure sender, or the tie-rod at maximum turn AND axle tilt. (My YM186D add-on power steering has dented the filter a couple of times).

* Thread and mount-surface dimensions.

* Reputation of the filter company.

Less important.
* Drainback valve. Assuming you crank up some oil pressure with the compression release before starting, this isn't a factor.

* Bypass pressure. Change the oil before the filter is so clogged that it bypasses!

* Micron rating? Seems to me anything real close to Yanmar's spec should work fine.

So there are numerous filters in those cross reference lists that should work fine. Just watch the dimensions.
Yep the filter I'm using is common to Honda vehicles.