PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump

/ PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump
Congratulations on finding the problem.

So, where are you Pennsylvania? W. Virginia? (Guessing from the rock...)

What are the plans for the mini-hoe?

Looks nice!

All the best, Peter
I'm in Mars Hill, North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains... just north of Asheville very close to the Tennessee border. I was actually able to borrow a buddy's trailer and drive the four hours to Tazewell to pick the PT up and meet Terry in person. I enjoyed that experience.

As for the mini-hoe, so far I've used it to make a French drain around the grading I did with the 4in1 bucket so we could erect the garage tent for the PT. The mini-hoe will get a lot of hours in the next six to eight months... my wife and I have are building four glamping sites on the side of the little mountain we live on. I'll use it grade footer locations, dig more French drains to redirect water runoff, and whatever else we can dig into.

Where are you?

Attached some pics of the tent progress...

20210619_151340.jpg20210828_120321.jpg20210828_185449.jpg

/ PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump #12  
I'm in Mars Hill, North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains... just north of Asheville very close to the Tennessee border. I was actually able to borrow a buddy's trailer and drive the four hours to Tazewell to pick the PT up and meet Terry in person. I enjoyed that experience.

As for the mini-hoe, so far I've used it to make a French drain around the grading I did with the 4in1 bucket so we could erect the garage tent for the PT. The mini-hoe will get a lot of hours in the next six to eight months... my wife and I have are building four glamping sites on the side of the little mountain we live on. I'll use it grade footer locations, dig more French drains to redirect water runoff, and whatever else we can dig into.

Where are you?

Attached some pics of the tent progress...

View attachment 734966View attachment 734967View attachment 734968

What is the life span expectancy of the tents?

/ PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump #14  
Gosh, that is gorgeous there!

I'm on the west coast (near San Francisco Bay).

Glamping sounds like a great idea. I hope that it works for you. I have some friends down the road with a view over the bay, and their back patio is booked out for months on AirBnB. Personally, I couldn't stand the nightly drinking parties that close to my living space, but they are both extremely social (and super nice).

We have a ShelterLogic shelter as well. Even in the Californian sun, and a high wind site, the basic cover (PVC) versions have lasted last seven or so years. This last time we went with PVC; twice the cost, three times the rated lifetime (we will see...).

Cute photo with your dog.

All the best,

Peter

Gosh, that is gorgeous there!

I'm on the west coast (near San Francisco Bay).

Glamping sounds like a great idea. I hope that it works for you. I have some friends down the road with a view over the bay, and their back patio is booked out for months on AirBnB. Personally, I couldn't stand the nightly drinking parties that close to my living space, but they are both extremely social (and super nice).

We have a ShelterLogic shelter as well. Even in the Californian sun, and a high wind site, the basic cover (PVC) versions have lasted last seven or so years. This last time we went with PVC; twice the cost, three times the rated lifetime (we will see...).

Cute photo with your dog.

All the best,

Peter
Beautiful where you are as well.

We hope it works out too. We enjoy being social but aiming for a slightly more mellow vibe 😃

I really like the Shelter Logic so far. We've had 12+ inch snowfalls a few times this winter and it holds up great. I have to loosen and re-tighten all the ratchets to try to get the cover repositioned and taught over the skeleton inside. It just doesn't look as clean as the pictures shown on the website.

Saby's a cool girl. She's Canadian. My wife and I adopted her while we were living in Winnipeg MB.

That PT1445 looks like an awesome machine. What are you using it for? What attachments do you have?

/ PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump #16  
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Great to be here. Also love how fast the response was... awrsome network of info here on TBN.

Got it figured out last night. The Kohler engine on the PT425 has a 30A fuse in place for this type of screw up. No breaker to reset on this lil puppy. Pulled the fuse and it was blown. Went to Napa today and put the new fuse in... she started right up. Napa had the bulb I needed too.

Pics of fuse and bright lights attached.

I also gave Terry a call this morning. He's sending over a new bulb and housing along with a 30A fuse. Great guy.

View attachment 734937 View attachment 734938
Well, while I'm bummed that my diagnosis of PTO switch being on was not correct (hangs head in shame), I'm glad you got it going with a simple fix. (y) (y)

/ PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump #17  
@MossRoad, don't hang that head! You are right that a flipped PTO switch has bitten me more times than I can remember. Right up there with "Is it plugged in?" for electronics. It was so basic, that I didn't even think of it.

@plottamus I have found that the crossbars that are in the sleeves of the cover fabric to be the cause of all of our wrinkled covers. I now leave the end straps tight, have someone else stand outside on the cross bar (on the cover, carefully, with tennis shoes.) at one end of the bar, while I quickly loosen and then tighten the bolts on the crossbar. For the middle bars, don't forget to loosen bolts on both sides so the crosspiece can slide freely down. I start on one end and work my way to the other. I do whichever side has higher crossbars, and I would wait for warm weather.

The full list of attachments is in my bio, but I use the 1445 to build and maintain everything here on the ranch(ette). I don't have the minihoe, nor the sweeper, though I badly needed the latter recently. Digging up water pipes (digging up a broken main water line with the 4N1 in wet clay was one those "this just paid for the tractor" projects. The wet clay soil here is 70+lbs per shovelful, and it sticks to the shovel as if it was magnetic.), laying them, fence building, terracing, mowing invasive species (thistle, poison hemlock), rototilling invasives(hemlock), making a foundation for the cattle sweep and ShelterLogic shelter, maintaining the garden & arena & access road... Yesterday was tree trimming the trees in the driveway and chipping the limbs (clearance for fire trucks, and reducing fire risk by chipping).

All the best,

Peter

Well, while I'm bummed that my diagnosis of PTO switch being on was not correct (hangs head in shame), I'm glad you got it going with a simple fix. (y) (y)
Believe me, I triple checked the PTO switch after you suggested. Thanks for the tip @MossRoad

/ PT425 Electrical Short - Doesn't Start with Jump #20