Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition
Thanks..saw you mentioned forks but you hadn't mentioned what it was you were lifting. What size log/what species were you trying to lift? What forks do you have (what do they weigh?)

Pro works 48” forks. Don’t know weight of them but would say fairly light.

Log was by all accounts way too big and even for the la1055 too honestly lol. It was a big pine. I’ll get some measurements tomorrow and see. Not lifting that particular load isn’t what is wrong as knowing it’s too much.

The rock however surprisingly didn’t lift and the struggle of getting up the hill unloaded was the other big concern

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #12  
Can you elaborate on “let”? I assume you mean not be using any other thing that’ll take away from the hydraulics. And rev the engine up. If so then yes. Wasn’t moving anything else and revved up max too.
is the Diesel engine being bogged down while you attempting to climb the hill? If yes then you need to let up on HST peddle or not press as hard.

you do not push the peddle harder to gain power pushing harder you are trying to go faster you let up on the peddle to go slower which now will provide more power.

Last edited:
Thanks..saw you mentioned forks but you hadn't mentioned what it was you were lifting. What size log/what species were you trying to lift? What forks do you have (what do they weigh?)

425 lbs

is the Diesel engine being bogged down while you attempting to climb the hill? If yes then you need to let up on HST peddle or not press as hard.

you do not push the peddle harder to gain power pushing harder you are trying to go faster you let up on the peddle to go slower which now will provide more power.

Oh ok. I can try that tomorrow too. I do like the electronic pedal as don’t have to push hard at all lol. But I get what you are saying I think. But what would the issue be if it’s staying at max rpm and just going extremely slow to a halt though. The engine didn’t sound like it was bogged down if memory serves me right. I’ll pay closer attention tomorrow. To that too.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #15  
In low range one I would expect one of three things to happen if tractor will not move unless low range is still geared real high

1) Engine bog down and die.
2) tires spin
3) rims spin inside tires

every HST tractor I have owned or driven would easily spin the tires in low range even on good traction.

Since it is new I would get your dealer involved before you even consider changing anything

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #16  
Do you have the stall guard on? That will reduce speed to maintain rpm. I have a L3240 rops and some very steep hills, I don't have any issues grading a very steep road road with a full 78in 1200lb box blade and loaded r4 in medium range/low(turtle) or low range/high(rabbit).

With 8 more hp I would think it would more capable then my 3240, even with the couple hundred lbs of added weight for the cab.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #17  
As for the LA1055 loader, I‘ve had one on order for 4 months. Dealer said he has multiple loaders of varying sizes on back order. The new world we live in.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #18  
That transmission is a must with my gimp right leg. The cab won’t go without that either.
Makes no sense to me. HST is right leg / foot actuated. Gear drive with a hydraulic shuttle is left hand left foot actuated and you can never expect good gradeability with an HST in the first place..... and, I hardly ever use the clutch pedal anyway, most times I use the column mounted shuttle lever.

In low range one I would expect one of three things to happen if tractor will not move unless low range is still geared real high

1) Engine bog down and die.
2) tires spin
3) rims spin inside tires

every HST tractor I have owned or driven would easily spin the tires in low range even on good traction.

Since it is new I would get your dealer involved before you even consider changing anything

These fancy girls won’t let you bog and kill them lol.

Tires spun very little but was digging traction of that makes sense. Still making forward progress.

Since they was digging doing the rims spun so that’s good.

I have the dealer involved. They are going to check the hydraulic pressure at the loader. Said they could bump it up a couple hundred and see. Hope to hear about the 4760 they have and if they can get a loader for it soon. Wishful thinking I know.

Makes no sense to me. HST is right leg / foot actuated. Gear drive with a hydraulic shuttle is left hand left foot actuated and you can never expect good gradeability with an HST in the first place..... and, I hardly ever use the clutch pedal anyway, most times I use the column mounted shuttle lever.

The pedal pressure is lighter than my truck is lol. I was going for a gear drive one for the extra power. But the amount of front end loader work and grading we was doing hst made more sense. Plus the safety factor on these hills out weighted getting a gear drive even at the cost of quieter and stronger. Do you still retain the cutting brakes with the GST? I’m sure glad I had them today in the woods. Some tight spots needed it lol.